Furnace Not Lighting

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Nathan Cook

Furnace Not Lighting

Post by Nathan Cook »

I can't imagine that I am asking this question in July, but we are traveling in northern California and Oregon and sometimes need some heat along the coast in the early morning. With the thermostat raised to 70 degrees, my 2002 24RB furnace is trying to light, but can't complete the startup. Outside at the exhaust I can hear the igniter and then briefly feel a burst of warmth and then feel only cool air from the furnace exhaust fan. It tries over and over, but it won't stay lit. What is going on? Can I fix it?
Another question... how do I enter the technical library on this web site?
Thanks for your help.
Nathan
Mel Wilbur

furnace not lighting

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Nathan, the locked sections of modifications and technical areas can be read at any time, but not added to in order to maintain some control of the content. However, your posting is in the correct place to receive answers to your question.
Mel & Connie
Nathan Cook

Post by Nathan Cook »

Well, to make matters worse, I tried the furnace again after three days and it worked just fine. I don't know why it didn't work and then did work. So since I didn't receive any responses to my question, I guess I'll just give Born Free a call and ask them.
Where is everyone?
Nathan
Ralph Strauch

Post by Ralph Strauch »

One possibility is that the charge in your coach batteries was low when it wouldn't stay lit. The batteries may have had enough juice so you could hear the fan running, but not enough to convice the control circuitry to keep the gas flowing. If it happens again, run the generator (or just turn the engine on for a few minutes) and see if that helps. If it does, the then problem probably was a low battery.

Ralph
Nathan Cook

Furnace Not Lighting

Post by Nathan Cook »

Ralph- Thanks for the information. Thinking back, it could have very well been the situation you described with low batteries. I file that away for the future and for now all is working fine.
Thanks...
Nathan
bfadmin
Site Admin

Re: Furnace Not Lighting

Post by bfadmin »

Nathan Cook wrote: Another question... how do I enter the technical library on this web site?
Thanks for your help.
Nathan
Could you be more specific on your question about entering the technical library section. You should be able to enter the section and read the existing posting(s) there OK if that is your question. If you want to make a new posting there yourself, it will have to be done by contacting the Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club website administrator (bfadmin). He will have to do the posting for you since this section is locked to control it's content.

Just click on the blue email button below to send your questions directly to the bfadmin or to inquire about a posting that you want to make in this locked section.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”