Please...All members deserve respect.

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Ray

Re: Please...All members deserve respect.

Post by Ray »

Dallas - As always very well said - agree 110%
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Dude wrote:....I am on another camping forum and we do not charge dues and we are pretty darn successful....
If you are not paying, then most likely someone else is paying for you. Setting a forum/website up and maintaining same is costly. I know, I own and manage one for my Vietnam unit, and just renewed my domain name and hosting service. No free lunches in this world. Have you ever considered asking your camping group if you could help defray their forum/website costs? I'm sure any monetary donations would be appreciated. :D

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
jjhepkin

Post by jjhepkin »

I am surprised someone would admit that they are "too cheap" to make a $15.00 dues payment for a service they benefit from such as this board; but then, I guess I shouldn't be since that is the prevailing mood in this country anymore.
I also add my thanks for the great efforts of Bill and others who make this board a success.
John & Janet Hepkin

2009 28' RSB Kodiak Chassis 8.1L
Previously owned 2004 Chinook Destiny
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

We (note that I include myself) may be confusing non-members who are arrogant and show disdain for others with those who simply are not members and do not see a value in membership.

I've enjoyed Matt's posts and have learned from them. i think he is wrong in his conclusion that he need not be a member but I don't castigate him for it.

If there is anyone that gets my goat it is someone who adopts a "holier than thou" attitude. I am ashamed to say that I sometimes do.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
Dude

Post by Dude »

Dallas, Thank you for respecting my post :)
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Okay....have to add my 2 cents if for no other reason than all the comments are made by you men.... So from a woman's point of view....I pretty much agree with most of the posts. I've been a member for more years than some of you (9-10 yrs.) & benefited more than I can ever repay.... the $15 membership fee is a real bargain & only a real freeloader would take advantage of all the info available here & not feel it necessary to contribute... Personally, I'd limit participation to members only & let the cheapskates get their 'free' information somewhere else.
So onto other things.....Thank you Bill for all the years you've donated your time, energy & knowledge to this club.... it would be nothing.... nothing at all, without you....
Thank you Mel for all the many, many contributions you have made over the years & all the help & support you have shared with all of us.... I would have probably given up on RVing were it not for you... I am so glad that I got to meet both of you.... how lucky I was ... would love to do all that over again. Still have my BF but not able to use it yet..... fighting RA & hoping the doctors will make me better so I can get back on the road....
Lastly, I remember years ago where a certain someone & a disabled war vet had a pretty nasty case of differences of opinions.... it was very ugly & I never had any respect for that 'certain someone'... the vet has since passed but the someone is still around.... I ignore his opinions/posts.... but have to admit I absolutely love it when someone challenges him.... :lol: makes my day....... :wink:
And Dallas, thanks for remembering my advice.... love to read your '2 cents' always....!!!!!
Take care everyone & enjoy your BF lifestyle.... there's not a better RV built IMHO.....
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

CHARLOTTE wrote:....Lastly, I remember years ago where a certain someone & a disabled war vet had a pretty nasty case of differences of opinions.... it was very ugly & I never had any respect for that 'certain someone'... the vet has since passed but the someone is still around....
Yep, that was on the old bulletin board. I formed the same opinion as you about that "certain someone" then and it hasn't changed since.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
grross

Post by grross »

Charlotte....great recall!
2008 27' RBRE V-10
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Having been motorhoming since 1969 I will say that having access to the club roster can be a lifesaver if you have a coach problem when traveling. Being able to contact another Born Free owner for recommendations for service, advice on campgrounds or places to visit, always makes me feel much better. The Sleap'n Lions list is also a pleasant way to spend a night with another club member when on the road.

Although I respect the feelings of others about not wishing to join a club, Connie and I over the last 12 years, have become friends with fellow Born Free folks all across these United States and stay in touch with many of them to this day. We have enjoyed events like island hoping in the San Juan islands of Washington, Rocky Mountain Jeeping in Breckenridge, Colorado (I rented a jeep so that I could do my own driving, a real thrill) and Les Grande Feux Quebec Rally (International Fireworks Competition), to name a few. Fabulous times and places we would never have had the pleasure of going to, and participating in, had we not been members of the club. These are just a few of all the memorable times over the last twelve years.
Mel & Connie
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Mel....I don't think this fellow cares about making friends....think he's just looking for a free ride....& like someone else mentioned, that is a popular thing these days for many....
BTW..... you can tell Connie that I still luv ya & hope she's taking real good care of you....otherwise I'll have to come out there & help.... and boy! This Californian sure hates snow....but I'd still make the trip.... :lol:

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”