Please...All members deserve respect.

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

stevek

Please...All members deserve respect.

Post by stevek »

I notice some "picking on".
Not on me, but between other members.
This is only a Forum.
We all have our opinions on the Born Free Forum topics.
Maybe some good, and maybe some not so good.
Only you, as the reader can judge the value of an individuals opinion.
I love this Forum and have learned a lot.
Lets try to be nice and respect each other.
None of us are perfect. :D Just my 2 cents.
Last edited by stevek on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
Dallas Baillio

Re: Please...All members deserve respect.

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Steve,

You are right and I agree.

However, using the term "member" as synonymous with "poster" gives me pause.

One "poster" wrote the following:

"I'm not a member because there is absolutely no value in doing so for me. I never went to any closed club rallies when I was a member for two or so years, so to me it was not an expense worth having. To me, it was contributing to a fund raising, where I was not a beneficiary in any way. Clubs by their nature are exclusionary, customarily something that I tend to not want to be a part of anyway.

There are several clubs that to me are just not worth the annual subscription fees levied - not just the Born Free Owner's Club."

True it is not necessary that one be a member to post, but not recognizing the value one gets from participating in discussions on this website, yet being one of the most frequent "posters" tends to undermine the credibility of posts particularly when so many posts are negative.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

I agree with Dallas. There is only one person that posts to this forum that is rude, contentious and self-righteous. While growing up, my dad was always reminding me that respect is earned, so act accordingly.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
oliverpsmile

Post by oliverpsmile »

Stevek - respectability is a two way street and you should RESPECT Dallas postings. I totally agree with him and enjoy them.
'the poster' wrote:I'm not a member because there is absolutely no value in doing so for me.
I :D :D RESPECTFULLY :D :D disagree. I consider this as bad manners, disrespectful, arrogant and insulting to all of us.
Oliver P Smile
2005 26ft RSB
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Oh, I am sure Steve respects my postings. I like and respect his as well.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
stevek

Post by stevek »

Of course I respect Dallas's posts/ opinions as I do everyone else and their posts.
I am talking about the "bickering" between a few other members.

I have been happy the way everyone has treated me and I thank you all for that.
Steve
CA/OR border
Ray

Post by Ray »

Steve - I dont mind not so good opinions (I know some of mine probably fall into that category), and I like all opinions in general. Its great to hear what other people think, gain knowledge from their experiences, and discuss topics with them. There are some super smart people on this forum that have a ton of experience.

What I do mind is when a person claims experience and expertise just so they can post and do not have any experience or expertise. If its a opinion so be it, but one should not claim knowledge or expertise when there is none.

It also bothers me when a person makes posts that contradict previous posts they have made - it appears that their memory isnt to good.

It also bothers me when a person obviously plagiarizers others comments and expertise in order that they have something they can post.

I admit - I love BF's, I love the company, I love the employees, I love discussing issues with people about BF's, (even though we may disagree at times). I love all the BF club members I have been fortunate enough to meet at rallys or through this forum.

If intentions are good I like the posts - if there are alternative intentions I dont like them.

I am just heading home from a trip - I met allot of nice people and did not hear one negative thing about BF's - some people actually went out of their way to ask me about my BF, tell me their great experiences, or just discuss BF in general.

When I get home I want to recap a couple of those here cause I think they are worth repeating.

Ray
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

My shortcoming is that I cannot ignore and go uncommented upon the unjust criticism of the Born Free vehicle, the company and the good people who work there. The repetitious comments about water leaks, refrigerator problems and other complaints ad nauseum finally get under my skin. I can hear my mama telling me to be nice. If only I could follow that advice. I am nervous about meeting her in the afterlife as I anticipate the lecture I deserve.

Hey, let's change the subject and talk about gas mileage or tires! :wink: :wink: :wink:
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Ray

Post by Ray »

Dallas

I am just getting back from a little trip (finally got to take one) It looks like I will end up somewhere around 7.5 to 8 mpg pulling a Ford Explorer at about 65 mph with about 1/4 of the trip with pretty good cross winds. I will know more once I get home and crunch the data. The BF did very well in the wind and cross wind.

Tires (transforce) performed well.
stevek

Post by stevek »

OK guys/ gals.... here is some fun/ up beat stuff.. kinda
A "drop test". BUT....They should have done it HIGHER!!
The BF with the 3 built in roll bars would have passed with flying colors and could have been dropped HIGHER. :D

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/01/prweb12468799.htm
Steve
CA/OR border
Dude

Post by Dude »

I'm not a member but I am a semi-frequent poster.

Disagreements happen. There is nothing wrong with them. Often I find them funny.

Michelin tires are the best and no other tire should ever be considered. :lol:

Sorry, I disagree. There is no point in paying dues for a forum. I just want to chat with fellow BF owners and discuss trips, problems, solutions, and have a good time. What does paying dues get me? Do you need money to run the website? 1-I think BF itself can kick in for that as a thank you to owners. 2- You can raise money other ways with sweepstakes, raffles, 50/50's and passing the hat at rallies.

I am on another camping forum and we do not charge dues and we are pretty darn successful. We run rallies once a month in the PA area where we have a strong membership and other areas in the US. One of our largest ones,Spring Opener, is happening next weekend at French Creek State Park in PA. We are expecting 75 people for the Saturday night pot luck.
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
whemme

Post by whemme »

Matt and other non-members,

Our website and associated forum is free to all browers, club members and non-members alike. However the website and forum are certainly not free. The Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club pays our ISP (Global Reach Internet Productions) to host the site and make changes as necessary. The club paid Global Reach more than $3,000 last year to upgrade our forum and we pay required yearly host fees along with other maintainance costs as they occur.

There are myself and two other website administrators that over the years have volunteered litterly hundreds of unpaid time running the day to day issues on the website.

So it is wrong to think that our club's website is free - it takes our club membership fees and a lot of volunteer time to support it.

Also, our Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club is completely independent from the Born Free factory - they pay no costs of running our website.

Another benefit of club membership is that the club plans a minimum of 6 rallies each year each one planned and hosted by one of our club members. Again those members volunteer their many hours of unpaid time to put on these events.

My opinion is that if you own a Born Free coach the $15 yearly dues is a bargain.

Bill Hemme (Website Administrator bfadmin-2)
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

whemme wrote:....My opinion is that if you own a Born Free coach the $15 yearly dues is a bargain....
AMEN!

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I posted this two years ago. I am posting it again not to pat myself on the back, but to emphasize what we get for $15 a year is one hell of a bargain!

Since 2006 when I found this website I have obtained much useful information and helpful advice. I follow postings regularly, finding great ideas and helpful hints. A few examples -- Charlotte posted how to clean bugs from your BF using dryer sheets. That one idea has saved me a mint of time. Bill Hemme told us how to raise the two coach chairs a couple of inches and how to level the front and rear of the couch when folded down for sleeping. I learned how to move the stove "vent" back toward the wall so than you don't have to lean over to see the rear burner. I've profited from many, many more. I have contributed ideas from time to time to try to reciprocate. Upon reflection I decided that I was getting a "free ride" if I was not a member of the Leap'n Lions. Last week I mailed my membership application along with dues for the current and past years. I publicly want to thank those of you who freely share your ideas and "secrets" for rewarding travel and camping. And a big, well deserved thank you to Bill Hemme. And now that we have learned that he weights 295 I suggest we call him "Big Bill" :wink:
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
CuJo's Pride

Post by CuJo's Pride »

Bill,

Ditto :)
Curt and Jo
Our Springer Spaniels - Betsy and Moxie
Member of The Born Free Leap'n Lions
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB
Trex 27 Speed Tandem Bicycle

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”