Electrical Short? Help

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

wood9988

Electrical Short? Help

Post by wood9988 »

I have 2005BFRB 24', was using microwave/convection oven on Christmas Day and POOF! the appliance went out. Have had an electrician here and the following was determined:
1. Microwave outlet is ok
2. The electric switch to hot water tank does not work.
3. Microwave is shot/gone.
4. 20AMP GIF switch is ok; other switches are ok. Fuses are ok but they are for the batteries.
5.. All other outlets work ok and draw proper amount of amps.

So there must be a short somewhere in the wiring in the ceiling. Does anyone have a drawing for that? I certainly don't want to tear out the whole ceiling if I don't have too.
Connie Wood
cnn.wood@gmail.com
678-429-6335
David and Susan Bratt

Re: Electrical Short? Help

Post by David and Susan Bratt »

I don't know why this is posted in the "Wanted" section. You will get more replies if you post this in the general discussion.

NOTE: The website administrator has moved this reply and the above post to this more appropriate section of the forum.
Rover 2002 24ft RB

www.ourtravelswithrover.com
randallrae

Post by randallrae »

My 2012 has a load shed device that turns the water heater off when using the microwave . If you also have a load shed it may have been damaged when the microwave blew . I would call Kim at BF he can assist you with this.
2012 25' rb
montir

Post by montir »

If your microwave outlet tested OK you do not have a short in the wiring. I assume that it tested OK because the electrician found 120V at the outlet. A short would have tripped the circuit breaker and resetting it would only cause it to trip again. It sounds like your microwave just died a horrible death. The previous response probably addresses the reason for the water heater circuit not working. I second the recommendation to talk to Kim.
Monti
2015 Triumph Royal RB 4X4
Fantom

Post by Fantom »

Some microwaves have fuses on the board.
Open the back and check it out.
Alek
2002 Born Free 26' RSB
Kevin Mason

Post by Kevin Mason »

On the Microwave not working, and your getting 120V to the outlet, you might try this. I had the same issue, microwave stopped working, I was all set to replace. After removing microwave and a search on youtube, I found a wire that vibrated off on the control panel of the microwave. Put terminal back on and running like a champ every since. On the Hot water elect switch, maybe as simple as corrosion built up on the circuit board. Located in the right side rear cargo area. Unplug it and plug it in a few times. Good Luck

Kevin and Erlinda
26RB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”