Almost slipped and busted my b*tt.

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

stevek

Almost slipped and busted my b*tt.

Post by stevek »

Lots of rain in CA. We are still on the road.
Almost slipped on first step and fell, when stepping out of BF.
Near the outside edge of step... was wet/ my shoes were wet. Might have broken something.
Has anybody added more "adhesive tread" and / or modified the first step?
Thanks. Happy New Year everyone.
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
harrisgowing

Re: Almost slipped and busted my b*tt.

Post by harrisgowing »

Steve, I sure hope you are okay! We frequently used the Born Free rubber mat on the bottom step of our 2004 and also used the step tread things that you buy at Camping World. They have an adhesive so they don't slip but can be removed when they get too dirty. The steps in the newer models don't seem to be as slippery as the white ones were.
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Steve,

I used Velcro to attach dark carpet to each step. Used wide long pieces of Velcro so that they cannot slip out of place. Easy and inexpensive to replace when needed. Nice thing about carpet is that it absorbs water or melting snow. I recently added adhesive backed non-slip (like that at top and bottom of ladder) to the bottom of the door frame. That is a high wear area and I added it for appearance but it also prevents slipping there as well.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

I think Home Depot sells non-slip strips for stairs. Usually a rough strip of black that may have a self stick backing. If not a commercial safety product store would definitely have them.

Make sure you clean the step real well or the tape won't stick for long.
Eric Sandstrom

Post by Eric Sandstrom »

Lots of products like this on the market. Can be purchased at auto or marine supply stores as well.

http://www.amazon.com/1727-Non-Slip-2-I ... B001E535VG

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”