Changes in Born Free Dealerships

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bfadmin
Site Admin

Changes in Born Free Dealerships

Post by bfadmin »

Received an email from Brandon Dodgen at the Born Free factory. Below is repeated the content of that email.

All,

We have discontinued our relationship with Lazydays and are now partnered with RV World. They have two locations - one in Lakeland, FL and one in Nokomis, FL.

We're excited for this new relationship and will be shipping them product very soon!

Thanks,
Brandon
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Website Forum Administrators
(bfadmin-1) Dave Moffat - Primary Administrator
(bfadmin-3) Sandy Perley - Assistant Administrator
(bfadmin-2) Bill Hemme - Backup Administrator
(bfadmin) Email: bfadmin@bornfreervclub.org
bfadmin
Site Admin

More and Updated RV World Dealership Info from Dodgen - Born

Post by bfadmin »

Born Free Announces Its Newest Dealer - RV World

Born Free is excited to welcome RV World, in both Nokomis and Lakeland, Florida, as our newest dealer! We couldn't be happier to share this news and invite current and future Born Free owners to stop in, say hello, and check out the new inventory that will be arriving soon at both locations. RV World is Florida's largest Class C RV dealer and specializes in high quality RVs and top notch customer service. Click here to check them out! http://www.rvworldinc.com

Click here to see an RV World video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-pTHJEWT1Q

We'd also like to thank Lazydays for representing Born Free over the last three years. It has been a pleasure and we appreciate the addition of each new owner who purchased at Lazydays to our Born Free Family.

See a 2016 Born Free at Oshkosh!

We're back at the Oshkosh Airventure this year and we're showing off our 2016 features and designs! We'll be in lot 805 in the Fly Market and will have one of our popular 23 foot Freedom models on display.

Come and visit to see vintage planes, exciting air shows, and a brand new 2016 Born Free!

Click here for more info on the 2016 Oshkosh Airventure http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Website Forum Administrators
(bfadmin-1) Dave Moffat - Primary Administrator
(bfadmin-3) Sandy Perley - Assistant Administrator
(bfadmin-2) Bill Hemme - Backup Administrator
(bfadmin) Email: bfadmin@bornfreervclub.org
Laker

Re: Changes in Born Free Dealerships

Post by Laker »

Not surprised. Did they also drop LZ Days in AZ
Looking for 2011 or newer RSB

2008 27' RB. SOLD,
2007 Chevy HHR "toad"
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar with Ready Brake
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

No presence in the West?

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
whemme

Post by whemme »

I assume that Lazydays in Tucson, AZ is also no longer a Born Free dealership. This means that the annual co-sponsored Born Free/Lazydays rallies in February in Tampa, FL and in March in Tucson, AZ are history.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Born Free also has a new dealer in Eugene Oregon, George Sutton RV. Check the factory website for more info.
Mel & Connie
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

All I wish to see is for Born Free to successfully negotiate the changeover in ownership and continue its history of building a quality product. Dealerships seem to come and go with no significant effect on the success of the company. Oh how I wish it was still family owned, customer and employee centered, with sales only from the factory.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
wandering bark

Post by wandering bark »

Has Born Free decided where it will hold the rally or rallies next? Nokomis RV World area campground?
jjhepkin

Post by jjhepkin »

I agree with Dallas.

We owned a Chinook Class C prior to buying our Born Free. It was a really nice coach, and a family owned business much like Born Free. When the original founder and owner retired and passed the reigns to his sons, they overextended themselves financially and the company went under. Really sad to see.

I think Born Free must continue to build a high quality coach and offer great factory service and provide customer/owner support to be successful. If they lose their reputation for those things, the value of our coaches will take a hit; and Born Free would just be one of many class C manufacturers, selling strictly on a price basis with no regard for quality.

John
John & Janet Hepkin

2009 28' RSB Kodiak Chassis 8.1L
Previously owned 2004 Chinook Destiny
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

Dallas Baillio wrote:All I wish to see is for Born Free to successfully negotiate the changeover in ownership and continue its history of building a quality product. Dealerships seem to come and go with no significant effect on the success of the company. Oh how I wish it was still family owned, customer and employee centered, with sales only from the factory.
Dallas, if it'll help at all, I've seen absolutely no change for the worse in the Born Free operations at all under the new ownership. The factory is still turning out the quality you're used to seeing, and both sales and service continue with the same folks and the same customer-centered approach. As long as the operation remains in Humboldt, IA I doubt you'll see much change there at all. The folks who make Born Free what is is are those who work for the company, and they're all long-term employees who are very accomplished at and invested in what they do. There are folks there who have worked for Dodgen for over forty years. When you start to see a large-scale employee turnover, that's when you'll know something is different, and not in a good way. Until then, I wouldn't be too concerned.
'06 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis
(Former: '01 Born Free 23 RK)
Dinghy: '16 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar.
Traveling with Sir Winston and Lady Rae (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)
stevek

Post by stevek »

The Eugene, Oregon Dealer is about 150 miles from me.
They have 5 in stock. The cheapest one is 160k.
All the way up to this big boy.
Is it just me, but don't the prices just seem like they are going up and up?
And I wonder how much dicker room there is? 10 % ???
I hate dealing like this.
Guess I will continue to look for a newer used one.
Almost a 1/4 mil... WOW :shock:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-07-19 at 4.37.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-19 at 4.37.13 PM.png (324.92 KiB) Viewed 15049 times
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
John S.

Post by John S. »

That was what It thought too about the pricing but then I looked up the price of the Ford 550 and can see why it cost much more. It is a much bigger unit and heavier duty. It is not too bad really but the price is up a bit more then the inflation rate but I think all commodities till just recently have been going up as have labor costs.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
bigdipper

Post by bigdipper »

Concerning purchases from RV dealers, I have always believed that a starting (and perhaps final) offer to purchase should be no more than 15% below sticker. Some years back Born Free made a move to set up dealers and immediately raised "list price". There was quite a furor raised by existing owners and the factory then offered a price reduction for sale direct. Do not recall whether that offer was only for existing owners. This was prior to the more recent involvement with Lazy Days. That all sort of faded away as did the agreements with those dealers.
Ralph
Ralph
2011 24RB
Former 2001 23RK

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”