towing

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

dvanveld

towing

Post by dvanveld »

Have you installrd an auxillary transmission cooler for towing? What kind and what capacity?
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

I tow a PT Cruiser and use a Ramco Pump -- I don'y know the capacity --
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

I'm sorry I thought you said PUMP -- I did not need an extra cooler per the mechanic as the PT is fairly light --
Mel Wilbur

towing

Post by Mel Wilbur »

I have not heard of anyone with the E-450 having a problem towing with the standard ford transmission cooler. We have towed Saturns, a PT Cruiser and have just switch to a Honda CR-V and have not had any problems. Ours is the gas V-10 and with auxillary gauges it normally runs between the high 170's to 185 with sometimes on a long uphill pull in very hot weather it may top out at 200-205 which I understand is normal for a short period of time. We now have 58k miles on the coach with most of it towing.
Mel & Connie
Steve

Post by Steve »

We tow a Jeep Liberty that weighs around 4000 lbs with our E450 V10 and have a 24RB. We also use an aux air brake on the toad. We have had NO problems even over passes. I'm just using the original equipment that came with our rig.
Steve

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”