Me parked next to the smallest Diesel Pusher Class A made.

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

stevek

Me parked next to the smallest Diesel Pusher Class A made.

Post by stevek »

Its really small and cute.
Its is an Allegro Breeze. I think it was 29 feet.
It has a full slide on the other side.
I talked to the owners. She drove. He never drove.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 7.26.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 7.26.29 AM.png (577.76 KiB) Viewed 8434 times
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
Laker

Re: Me parked next to the smallest Diesel Pusher Class A mad

Post by Laker »

It is a 28' Tiffin Breeze. Underpowered, and try and walk around the bed without stubbing your toes on the wheel well covers.

Still it meets the needs of many RV's and Tiffin makes a good product.
Looking for 2011 or newer RSB

2008 27' RB. SOLD,
2007 Chevy HHR "toad"
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar with Ready Brake
Steve

Post by Steve »

I have a friend that has a Tiffin and it has been in the shop more than it has been on the road. This is his second one, he thought the first was a lemon but purchased the same brand anyway. Some people never learn and think it is normal to have 20 or 30 things wrong when it leaves the showroom floor.
Steve
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

Steve wrote:I have a friend that has a Tiffin and it has been in the shop more than it has been on the road. This is his second one, he thought the first was a lemon but purchased the same brand anyway. Some people never learn and think it is normal to have 20 or 30 things wrong when it leaves the showroom floor.
Steve

Only twenty or thirty things wrong leaving the showroom floor? I think most Airstream owners would be thrilled to have only twenty or thirty things wrong with a new coach. I had Airstreams for over twenty years and I still have a number of friends who have them. They're a maintenance nightmare... a very-expensive-to-buy maintenance nightmare. But folks buy them over and over and over again because of their image.
'06 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis
(Former: '01 Born Free 23 RK)
Dinghy: '16 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar.
Traveling with Sir Winston and Lady Rae (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)
ebaron

Post by ebaron »

Funny, this weekend, we had one pull in next to us just like that one. Not that much longer than our BF but much taller with more space. Being that we occasionally tow trailers, I started to wonder, as I was comparing them side to side, if it would have been better to go to a short Class A. But, so far, while the extra space may be nice, the Born Free has everything just right for us. Our trips are a week or less so far, but longer ones are in our future. More height, or less height ? I'm liking having less restrictions on where we can go so far. Towing a good size boat, and getting it down a ramp was quite painless. I was quite impressed with the E450 chassis and V10's ability to tow, properly equipped of course. Also, the few Class As that have been near, I've noticed the occupants stay inside a lot. Guess I may too, but I travel to experience what's outside the RV. Guess I still have some tent camping left in me, so I'm not giving in yet! So, I've decided the BF is still right, even though used prices may have been comparable.
Ed
2008 27RSB
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

the wheelbase to chassis ratio is horrible on that.
2005 26' RSB Casual Elegance
John S.

Post by John S. »

I have owned a 34 foot a 36 foot and a 42 foot Foretravel class A. I currently own both the 42 foot and my 24 foot rear bath. I stopped at the factory and the new F550 is pretty amazing. You can also choose a Dodge if you wish and they have weight ratings of 19,800 so they are very stout and you can have a diesel generator too. I am thinking of trading in both of my coaches and buying one of these in the next year or so. I think you will have enough room and the ability to tow about 12K and a decent ride and you do not really have to tow a car as you can get around in the BF in many places. Will it be as comfortable as my Foretravel, I doubt it but the cost difference in fuel and in purchase price will more then make up for it and I am getting ready for a simpler coach.

So, enjoy what you have and know that each type of coach serves a purpose that a different sized one may not serve as well.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
Vlamgat

Post by Vlamgat »

[quote="John S."]I have owned a 34 foot a 36 foot and a 42 foot Foretravel class A. I currently own both the 42 foot and my 24 foot rear bath. I stopped at the factory and the new F550 is pretty amazing. You can also choose a Dodge if you wish and they have weight ratings of 19,800 so they are very stout and you can have a diesel generator too. I am thinking of trading in both of my coaches and buying one of these in the next year or so. I think you will have enough room and the ability to tow about 12K and a decent ride and you do not really have to tow a car as you can get around in the BF in many places. Will it be as comfortable as my Foretravel, I doubt it but the cost difference in fuel and in purchase price will more then make up for it and I am getting ready for a simpler coach.

So, enjoy what you have and know that each type of coach serves a purpose that a different sized one may not serve as well.[/quote]

I could not find anything on the Foretravel web site that describes an F550 coach. I have a BF Triumph F550 with which I am quite happy and have been intrigued how few have used this chassis. I have the smallest to reduce the rear overhang that can be problematic when towing for which I use the coach extensively. I have towed for many years with a E350 Sportsmobile with the 7.3PSD and the improvement with the 550 is huge. I tow 10K but the capacity is 15K so plenty of "contingency" capacity.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”