Shocks on 24 ft RB

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Rich Flaugh

Shocks on 24 ft RB

Post by Rich Flaugh »

If I was to replace the front and rear shocks on my 2012 24RB what would this group recommend? What has been your experience?
Thanks,
Rich
whemme

Re: Shocks on 24 ft RB

Post by whemme »

My recommendation would be the Bilstein Comfort shocks. Use P/N 33-187563 for the fronts and P/N 33-176840 for the rears. Bilstein also makes a Heavy Duty series for motorhomes 30 ft or longer but since your Born Free is 24', the Comfort shocks would be the best choice.

Koni also is another brand that makes quality motorhome shocks.

I installed front and rear Bilstein Comfort shocks 10-1/2 years ago on my 2002 Born Free 26' RSB coach and think they are a significant improvement over the Ford OEM socks.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

Bill's advice is sound. Konis are also a very good shock.
'06 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis
(Former: '01 Born Free 23 RK)
Dinghy: '16 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar.
Traveling with Sir Winston and Lady Rae (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Had Koni shocks front and rear on our 2002 26RB and very pleased with them. One of the features of the Koni shock it that they are adjustable for ride quality.
Mel & Connie

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”