CB Channel

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Jim Hofmann

CB Channel

Post by Jim Hofmann »

A few weeks ago we were discussing CB antenna installations. This would lead one to think that several of us have, or will have shortly, CB's in our units. This is good. However; when I see a Born Free going down the road and try to raise them on the CB I always fail.
What channel or channels do most of you monitor? For me, I only have it on if I am traveling with another unit or there is a traffic problem and I switch to the "truckers" channel for info on the situation. I hate to monitor the "trucker" channels as their "language"(?) gets to be a little too much to take as a steady diet.(Don't get me wrong, I am not a prude- but their limited number of adjectives - most of which are considered to be expletives- get very tiresome quickly. So- to repeat myself- what channel do most of you monitor?
Jim

NOTE: Deleted author's dual posting of this topic.

bfadmin
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

Hi Jim -- I have ch 23 on when we are caravaning and some times have ch 14 on as many of the FMCA members talk on that channel
Brent

Post by Brent »

I almost always have my CB on at some level. I monitor channel 19 when I'm on the road by myself.

I agree, I always try to raise a BF when I see one on the road and have never been able to get a response.
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
Bruce Gregory

CB Channel

Post by Bruce Gregory »

I always use ch 14. Only once have I spoken to a Born Free on the road

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”