Fan on Suburban furnace dead

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Kevin Mason

Fan on Suburban furnace dead

Post by Kevin Mason »

I went out to start the furnace on the Born free, and low and behold the fan would not kick on. I did all of the regular checks, 12V, Fuses. I was getting power to the thermostat, but just no fan. Total time of trouble shooting was 1.5 hours. I hope this saves someone else the time and energy I spent trying to fix the problem. What I found was the little brass connector on the thermostat had moved from turning it on and off, and was not making a proper connection. Just slide the brass connector over to the right and make a connection to the yellow wire. Enclosed is a pic. Any questions feel free to ask. Hope it helps.

Kevin and Erlinda
26RB
Attachments
thermostat_contact_issue.jpg
thermostat_contact_issue.jpg (35.14 KiB) Viewed 3625 times
thermostat_bad_contact.jpg
thermostat_bad_contact.jpg (34.48 KiB) Viewed 3629 times
bcope01

Re: Fan on Suburban furnace dead

Post by bcope01 »

Great tip....thanks!

Down the road you might want to replace that analog thermostat with a digital one. Years ago I replaced mine with a "Hunter 42999B, Just Right Digital Non-Programmable Thermostat," and never looked back. :D

That old Hunter has been re-branded as Supco 43054 Electronic Digital Wall Thermostat, and is available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Supco-43054-Elect ... thermostat

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
oliverpsmile

Re: Fan on Suburban furnace dead

Post by oliverpsmile »

Some or probably all digital Honeywell thermostats cannot make contact (to start the furnace) if the couch temperature is bellow 30 degrees or less. So, on my thermostat I installed, two pig-tail wires for manual initial start.
Oliver P Smile
2005 26ft RSB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”