Dennis Day Retirement Letter

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bfadmin
Site Admin

Dennis Day Retirement Letter

Post by bfadmin »

Brandon Dodgen at the Born Free factory has sent the following notification announcing the retirement of long time Born Free employee Dennis Day:

All,

Denny Day has retired today after over 41 years with Born Free. Attached is a letter from Denny.

We are sad to see him leave, but we’re grateful for the dedication, loyalty, and years he has committed to Born Free and we wish him all the best!

Brandon

A copy of Dennis Day's retirement letter follows below:

On January 8th, 2016, I will retire from Born Free Motorcoach and Dodgen Mobile Technologies. You may have known me best before the business sold in 2015 when it operated as Dodgen Industries Inc.
Some health issues in 2015 have forced my decision to retire. My mind and heart want to continue, but my body is telling me that it is time for a change. I will miss this line of work; the many people like you that I have had the opportunity to meet; and the great group of people that I have had a chance to work with here in the company over the last 41 years and 7 months.
To you our customers I want to thank you for your business; your loyalty to the brand; and the working relationships that we have developed through the years. I hope you will continue to buy the Born Free and Dodgen Mobile Technology products as the folks work very hard to give you a good value for your money. John N. Dodgen was my mentor and friend and I often remember him saying “Live life to the fullest while you are living.” Whether you are RVing or in a business, take his advice.

Dennis Day

Posted by website administrator bfadmin-2
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 6.56.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 6.56.05 PM.png (322.1 KiB) Viewed 6737 times
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Website Forum Administrators
(bfadmin-1) Dave Moffat - Primary Administrator
(bfadmin-3) Sandy Perley - Assistant Administrator
(bfadmin-2) Bill Hemme - Backup Administrator
(bfadmin) Email: bfadmin@bornfreervclub.org
bigdipper

Re: Dennis Day Retirement Letter

Post by bigdipper »

The last time we were in Humboldt, a couple of years back, I had a lengthy chat with Dennis. He impressed me as a very knowledgeable and personable man. Wishing him a most enjoyable retirement.
Ralph
Ralph
2011 24RB
Former 2001 23RK
thestoloffs

Post by thestoloffs »

As a Mobility RV owner, our unit was custom designed and built by the Commercial division team, led by Denny & John Eastman.

Denny was extremely knowledgeable, courteous, thoughtful, and caring. Because he himself has people in his family with mobility issues, he insisted on perfection in our project design as if it was for his own family.

He was a true leader and knew what was going on with every line of commercial business. He'll be greatly missed.

Now, I hope he gets to enjoy the pleasure of retirement that he's seen all of us Leap'n Lions enjoy!
Marilynn & Gerry Stoloff
Coconut Creek, FL
Former owner of 26' Mobility
shezonit

Post by shezonit »

41 + years with the same company. Wow. I have 22 years in with my shop, but that's been very part time. I admire your dedication and hope it repays you in lots of time to enjoy the fruits of your hard work.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”