leveling a 98 born free 24'

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

rick1949

leveling a 98 born free 24'

Post by rick1949 »

With a 24ft. RV how much leveling is safe to do (as long as the ground is firm)? If you raise the front tires as they suggest, we're talking 12"?
A carpenter could build 4 to 8 - 2x12 sections, screwed and glued to get the rear wheels off the ground higher than 12", right?
Roger H

Re: leveling a 98 born free 24'

Post by Roger H »

rick1949 wrote:With a 24ft. RV how much leveling is safe to do (as long as the ground is firm)? If you raise the front tires as they suggest, we're talking 12"?
A carpenter could build 4 to 8 - 2x12 sections, screwed and glued to get the rear wheels off the ground higher than 12", right?
Wow... raising either axle 12" off the ground? That's some pretty severe slope you're trying to level on. I'm not sure you could get 12" of leveling blocks under the back axle without hitting plumbing?

I'm not sure I'd go much over 6". If your coach falls off the blocks at 6", it's just a big bump. At 12", you'll be slamming the axle into the frame.

What's the situation that you'd need to park it in a place that is that un-level?
'06 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis
(Former: '01 Born Free 23 RK)
Dinghy: '16 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar.
Traveling with Sir Winston and Lady Rae (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)
stevek

Post by stevek »

Explain more please.
Do you have a steep driveway at your home?
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
Tahoe

Post by Tahoe »

rick1949 wrote:With a 24ft. RV how much leveling is safe to do (as long as the ground is firm)? If you raise the front tires as they suggest, we're talking 12"?
Yes, you can do that. I've made some raising one side in the rear 3 inches and the other side 7 inches. They work fine and I could go higher. I have the boards stepped so you go up one board at a time on firm ground. My parking area is far from a level spot but it's all I have.
Russ and Denise
2002 24RB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”