Bilstein Shocks

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Richard

Bilstein Shocks

Post by Richard »

I am thinking of having Bilstein Shocks on our new BF. What are the advantages and disadvantages of these shocks and your experiences with them?
Rob

Re: Bilstein Shocks

Post by Rob »

Many of us have done that very thing. You will find a great increase in ride comfort and overall stability. Well worth the money.

Rob and Joan
2003 24RB
whemme

Post by whemme »

Please be aware that there are two different Bilstein shocks that can be installed on the Ford E350 or E450 chassis. Generally, it is recommended that you install the Bilstein Comfort shocks on motor homes that are 26' or less in length. Otherwise Bilstein HD (Heavy Duty) shocks are recommended for motor homes that are longer than 26' in length.

I had installed a set of Bilstein Comfort shocks on my 2002 BF 26' RSB coach back in February 2005 and am well pleased with the results. Be aware if you are going to do the shock installation yourself is that the installation of the front left side shock is a real bear to accomplish.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Bindshedler

Post by Bindshedler »

That left front shock is pretty easy if you watch a u tube vidio on the trick and 30$ worth of tools to make it easy..
gptuttle

Post by gptuttle »

If going to tow would heavy-duty blisten shocks be recommended ?
gptuttle

Post by gptuttle »

I need some help in picking the right Bilstein Comfort Shocks for my 26FT SRB.
Also what size and length for rear swaybar.
Thank You inadvance,
ScotManG

Post by ScotManG »

For what it is worth, we just got back from Safe-T-Plus in Georgia a few weeks ago for a factory install of: Koni Shocks (front (KS-8805-1) and rear (KS-8805-1)), their Safe-T-Plus front safety component/kit, E450 Trac Bar Kit and E450 Sway Bar. Made one heck of a difference in driving and towing. Expensive, yup. Worth it, priceless (in my wife's, especially my wife's, and I's opinion). :) SIDE: they were absolutely great at the factory and even have their own "campground" on site for those doing installs (electric and water). Good folks.
--
Scott & Denise Galloway
South central Pennsylvania
2013 Born Free 27 RSB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”