This looks like a good buy

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

randallrae

This looks like a good buy

Post by randallrae »

2012 25' rb
bcope01

Re: This looks like a good buy

Post by bcope01 »

Go for it! :D

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
johnnieduck

Post by johnnieduck »

It was and I bought it for my wife as she has always loved the born free detachable and that is what she wants when I'm gone.

Thanks randallrea for finding this. If I'm still kicking and able to I hope to make the rally in humboldt. Regardless I will see if my wife and kids can go.

I sure miss all my friends at born free...employees and customers.
Best
John CT
randallrae

Post by randallrae »

I am truly happy I could help find this and I hope to see you again . Do you belong to Leap'n Lions ? Now that you own your own coach :D
2012 25' rb
johnnieduck

Post by johnnieduck »

No but I plan to. How do I join? Thanks again Randy :-)
whemme

Post by whemme »

John CT,

On this forum is a topic titled Club Membership Application/Renewal Information. Click on it and there you can download a Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club membership application form that can be filled out and the $15 yearly fee submitted in three different ways.

Bill Hemme
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
johnnieduck

Post by johnnieduck »

Thanks Bill, Sent application and money...I hope I get approved :D Is there a special hand shake or a hazing that I should know about? I am looking forward to getting reconnected with Born Free owners in the time the good Lord allows me to. My wife is really excited to get her "new" Born Free. She plans on doing a makeover on the old girl. I will send pictures when finished or better yet, she can show you all at a the Humboldt Rally.

It's a little strange being on this side of the fence now that I am a customer :lol:
dowellcj

Post by dowellcj »

That coach couldn't have found a more appropriate and great home! Hope it brings years of fun and memories!
Can't wait to see pictures. Hope you all get to enjoy the homecoming.
Caryl & Tom Dowell
Sequim, WA
2015 Splendor (27 RSB)
Prior coach 2008 24RB
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

John CT,

I Think I can speak for all BF owners in saying it is good to hear from you. I hope you are doing well and I wish you the best.

Dallas Baillio
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
johnnieduck

Post by johnnieduck »

Thanks Caryl, Tom and Dallas.

It has been a very long and difficult year and a half. God has been so good and faithful to me and my family. I have often told people that I wouldn't trade one day with this lousy cancer for any of the previous 56 years because of the good that Christ has done through this suffering. I am so ready to go home though and meet my savior Jesus Christ. The treatments have all failed so it's just a matter of time. My prayer is to go quickly when that time comes.

It would be fun to see the finished product of the Born Free detachable but not as much fun as Heaven!

Thanks again for welcoming me into the Leap n Lions club.
Best,
John CT
Fortyniner

Post by Fortyniner »

We have you in our prayers, especially this time of the season. Hope to see you and your family at the reunion in Humboldt.
Tom & Helga Schmidt
johnnieduck

Post by johnnieduck »

Thanks Tom and Helga.
I sure miss our conversations when you stopped by.
John CT
johnnieduck

Post by johnnieduck »

Here's a technical question. Does anyone know if any of the new truck boxes are the same size of a 1984 Chevy 3/4 ton that the born free is currently mounted on?

I've talked with Kim at the factory, and have been researching but coming up short.
Thanks
John CT
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

John CT, our love and best wishes to you and your wonderful family. We will never, ever forget the water ballet skit at the 2014 homecoming. It is so good to hear from you.
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
randallrae

Post by randallrae »

Full size pickups still have 8 ft long boxes , but you will have to measure the box sides to see if they are the same height . The big question is how high off the ground the bed is . The Chevy appeared to be a 4x4 which probably is about the same height as a new 4x2 . The next question is to find a very sharp welding shop to make the special bumper you will need .
2012 25' rb

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”