Tired opinion

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

TomP

Tired opinion

Post by TomP »

I'm replacing my 4 dually tires due to age. They look perfect but they are 8 years old.

I only a weekender/day tripper with an occasional week long trip

I don't drive on ice or snow just hot Texas payment mostly. :)

I use these on my front tires (3 years old now) and figured i would use the same for the duallys.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... nsforce+AT

Opinions?
1995 Born Free 24' Rear Side Bed
Dallas Baillio

Re: Tired opinion

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Use search link above and enter "transforce" for many hits.

As an aside, the only subject talked about more on these pages than tires is gas mileage. Many of us are tired of talking about tires. :D
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
Tahoe

Post by Tahoe »

Dallas Baillio wrote:As an aside, the only subject talked about more on these pages than tires is gas mileage. Many of us are tired of talking about tires. :D
Let's combine the 2 and start talking about tire mileage! :evil:
Russ and Denise
2002 24RB
whemme

Post by whemme »

Tom,

You might want to read the following post of mine dated July 23, 2014 in the following clickable link: http://www.bornfreervclub.org/bulletin_ ... 000#p24622

It does not matter how you use your coach, whether you drive only on Sunday afternoons or only back and forth to the local A & W, the chance for a damaging blowout increases as the tires get more than 5 years old.

I personally think that the Firestone Transforce HT is a good choice of tire.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
jeleuen

Post by jeleuen »

I had the same tires on an earlier Born Free. Worked well, no problems. After 40K miles, the tread was almost like new.
The more the government provides, the more it is our Master.
Brent

Post by Brent »

Having had a tire shred off due to age and also being in close proximity to others shredding on the highway, I will never go over 5 years again, no matter how good they look.

My choice is the Michelin. I've used Firestone, Bridgestone and the steel sidewall Michelins and prefer the LTX. However I think this is a personal preference and varies with the type coach (size, load weight, and driving habits) and not as important as timely replacement.
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”