Trundle bed misery

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

DianaL

Re: Trundle bed misery

Post by DianaL »

Better late than never? Sorry, I haven't checked the forum in a while.

We have the trundle bed in our 2014 Triumph and we sleep on it every night. My husband loves that he can raise the back to help with indigestion. I, on the other hand, need a completely flat surface. So after lots of experimenting, I now use 2 stiff, 1 inch small dense foam pieces over and around the crease where the back meets the seat. Then I layer on a 2 inch memory foam topper that fits the entire length of my side of the bed. All of these pieces do slide behind the sofa when the backs are raised upright. Then we put a queen size sleep system over that (sheets sandwiched between a light comforter on one side and heavier comforter on the other). After taking 5 three-week trips, this is what I came up with on the last trip and I was comfortable every night!

Here's a link for the small pieces: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PC ... UTF8&psc=1
I bought one of the standard size and 1 of the "posture zone".

BTW, we turned our over-cab bed area into a storage area so we don't use that for sleeping. As a matter of fact, we completely removed the bed and ladder so there's a ton of room up there for day packs, folding chairs, extra food, games, etc.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”