Sway after installing new tires

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Szkumar

Re: Sway after installing new tires

Post by Szkumar »

Hi All,

As an update, we took our RV camping the past week, after the front wheel alignment . the vehicle definitely handles a lot better, I still think XPS rib was better, but this is much better. Thank you everyone for all your suggestions and help. :D
Senthil & Sam
2004 26 RSB
jeleuen

Re: Sway after installing new tires

Post by jeleuen »

The tire design is a huge factor. I had Goodyear original tires on my 32 Birn Free President. As they were 10 years old, even tho showing no deterioration, I replaced them with Chinese Hercules tires. I immediately noticed that it was necessary to steer more actively as the coach did not steer as true. So now I may have to buy new front tires again. Tires for some coaches are designated as steering tires or other positions. It might be wise to buy tires specifically designed for the steering axle for any Born Free.
The more the government provides, the more it is our Master.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”