98 Born Free Onan generator and sewer pipe parts

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

rick1949

98 Born Free Onan generator and sewer pipe parts

Post by rick1949 »

My 98 Born Free Onan 4000 Micro Quiet generator runs for 15 minutes and stops. It's done this 3 times at about 15 minutes on the nose. The oil is fine. I'm thinking (after adding 10 more gallons of stabilized gas) that, though the gas I left in the tank over the winter was stabilized with Ocean, that the carb got gummed up (float valve?). When it first started it ran rough and blew blue smoke for about 1 minute, then ran fine and then stopped (maybe because the main gas tank was low. After filling the tank it started with no smoke the 2nd and 3rd time, but still quit after 15 minutes. It hadn't been started for 7 months. Maybe that was a bad idea even though the gas was stabilized.

Also, I need gaskets for my sewer line near the exit cap and pull bar. I have pictures. Also support bars to hold the pipes up. What number should I text the photos to for parts. I have the BF manual, but it doesn't have specs.

Thank you bfadmin or anyone else who can help. Frederick Sutherland vin #1FDWE30SXWHA11348

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”