our maiden voyage

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

jobrien

our maiden voyage

Post by jobrien »

We took our first trip this past weekend. Went out to the Hershey PA RV show on Friday. Got to meet Ed Newman who I had been talking to and emailing to at the factory. Also got to see the full body paint on a Born Free. Pretty nice looking the full body paint, not Ed :lol: ).

Also bought some camping supplies form the on-site vendors. Bought a lot of chocolate candy at Hershey Chocolate World, for the grandkids of course :wink:

Then it was off to the PA Dutch area of Lancaster. Met up with a group of friends who were camping there to show off our now dirty (rainy and muddy) BF. Nice Amish dinner and campfire.

Then it was home again on Sunday.

Total miles driven was 328, and I got 9.8 mpg with a mix of local and highway driving.

The only problem encountered was our bedroom window on the side leaked while driving in the rain. It was wet at the top of the glass, so I don't think it's just the weep holes getting clogged :cry:

Overall, it rode very nice, easy to handle and park. Much different than my class A. We do have to be aware of the lower cabinet edges and other "head banger" obstacles as we both bumped our heads several times. We'll get used to it, or wear hard hats :lol:

John

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”