Television Solution?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

hornbake

Television Solution?

Post by hornbake »

We have a 26 RSB where the TV is mounted over the cab (entertainment center). It's getting really uncomfortable to watch with our necks tilted up. I've been googling TV lifts like the ones used in the newest Born Free coaches and am also looking at newer tv mounts but there are few, if any, that allow one to pull the tv downward. Does anyone have any solutions to this problem? We are willing to spend a little to solve this problem.
Larry and Helen Hornbake
2013 27 ft RSB
Dallas Baillio

Re: Television Solution?

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Because your TV is in an entertainment center at the front of your BF this may not work for you, but this is what I did when I inatalled a flat screen to replace my outdated CRT television.

http://www.bornfreervclub.org/bulletin_ ... +tv#p13172
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Here is a "pull down tv mount" that may work for you:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15618

There are lots out there for sale, just google PULL DOWN TV MOUNT

Bill
Attachments
IMG_1244.jpg
IMG_1244.jpg (53.42 KiB) Viewed 6718 times
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

bcope's solution looks like it would work much better than mine which would require rewiring.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
hornbake

Post by hornbake »

The pull down Bill cited is for a larger tv, but I think we have found something, a different pull down, that will work. If anyone is interested I will keep the forum posted with pictures if it works. The other idea, I think would still involve looking up at the tv, wouldn't it? Thanks for the suggestions, both of you!
Larry and Helen Hornbake
2013 27 ft RSB
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

My modification does require looking up, but the TV is much lower than your entertainment center. I sit on the end of my couch or in the frontmost chair just behind the passenger seat to view. If your BF came with the TV in the over- the - cab entertainment center you may not have the opening I remodeled.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Steve

Post by Steve »

Here is what I did about 8 years ago. The TV is tilted down for easier viewing. This is a 1.5mb PDF file.
Coach Modifications " Yet another way to add a LCD TV to a 24RB BornFree"

Steve

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”