Broken Air Bag Bracket

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Mike Jean Bandfield

Broken Air Bag Bracket

Post by Mike Jean Bandfield »

This broken air bag bracket could very well be another problem associated with a pot hole we fell into near Ventura about 7 years ago. The pictures at vendor websites for the e450 Firestone air lifts conflict with each other but the user manual for the Firestone manual identifies my bracket as a part number 5187. Does anyone know the Firestone Kit # that Born Free used?

Our coach bottoms out when we hit bumps hard. Others have also mentioned this. I occasionally looked for what was hitting but could not find it. I believe I have now found it - the left side of the upper bracket has a notch in it where it has been hitting the bottom bracket.
Attachments
IMG_7424_small.JPG
IMG_7424_small.JPG (138.91 KiB) Viewed 3368 times
Mike & Jean
2005 26' RSS Diesel
Blyon

Re: Broken Air Bag Bracket

Post by Blyon »

Mike,
I am having the same problem with my 06 26 RB bottoming out on the rear axle. It is going to the shop tomorrow for repair. Probably new air bags and bracket repair. Thanks for the heads up.
Bill Lyon
Blyon

Re: Broken Air Bag Bracket

Post by Blyon »

As it turns out, after close inspection, my air bag brackets are OK. I do have one air lift bag with a leak, so am in process of replacing both air bags, air lines, etc. The new bags are a little larger which should help with additional lift.
Bill Lyon

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”