Adding a seatbelt??

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Akreehouse

Adding a seatbelt??

Post by Akreehouse »

Anyone know how to add a seatbelt to our 2012 LRK 22' Bornfree? Would like to safely carry 2 kids along!
Thanks!
whemme

Re: Adding a seatbelt??

Post by whemme »

Might be helpful to know if you want to add a seatbelt to a captains chair, a sofa or a dinette set seat.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Akreehouse

Post by Akreehouse »

Seatbelt would be added to the sofa
bigdipper

Post by bigdipper »

We had three seat belts for sofa in 2001. They were fastened through floor with large washers top and bottom and placed directly below seam between seat and back cushions. When not in use I coiled them up on the floor. If left in place when sofa used as a bed there can be uncomfortable lumps.
Hope this helps.
Ralph
Ralph
2011 24RB
Former 2001 23RK
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

Akreehouse wrote:Anyone know how to add a seatbelt to our 2012 LRK 22' Bornfree? Would like to safely carry 2 kids along!
Thanks!
Pardon my ignorance, but I'm not sure what an LRK is?

As Ralph said, normally a seatbelt would be mounted through the floor under the couch, near the outside wall with a large bolt and washers. That can be complicated by what you find under your couch though. In my '06 32RK there are no seatbelts for the couch. Additional passenger space is provided by the swiveling captain's chairs. In my 1995 Coachmen B-van however, there are three seatbelts for the fore-aft couch, and then one belt each for the rear dinette seats... all of which are chock full of systems as well. The seat belts were attached along the back of the cushions/couch in each case, but attached where-ever there wasn't another part of another system... which makes for some odd spacing... but they work.
'06 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis
(Former: '01 Born Free 23 RK)
Dinghy: '16 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar.
Traveling with Sir Winston and Lady Rae (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)
M&MAustin

Post by M&MAustin »

We had the factory add 2 seatbelts to the jackknife sofa in our 2013 model. As described above, the bolts go through the floor (which in our case is mostly above the generator/battery bay. They stay on the floor (storage compartment area) when not in use. The only trick we've found is to make sure and pull them through onto the sofa when it is in the bed position, as the metal frame makes it difficult/impossible to do so when in sofa position.
Matt & Marie Baker
2013 26' Mobility

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”