Is there a fuse and where is it

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Dallas Baillio

Is there a fuse and where is it

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Those of you who have BF's close in year to my 2001 probably have an overhead cab light like mine. I had difficulty removing one of the bulbs and it broke. I managed to remove the remains but when I replaced both bulbs it isn't working. It appears the light is a Born Free add on and not a Ford product. I can't find a fuse for it. The inside fuse panel doesn't appear to have a fuse for it. The fuses in the converter don't cover it. Any suggestions or ideas?
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
tomzleapin

Re: Is there a fuse and where is it

Post by tomzleapin »

Fuses for most of of the cab stuff are under the dash on the left side.
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I should add that there are two bulbs in this fixture and that I do not find any other electrical item (dash lights, turn signals, etc.) not working. I assume that the connection was damaged when I removed the broken bulb and that both lights are in one circuit. So when one mounting isn't working the other isn't either.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Tom,

Yes I know, but there is no reference for this fixture and that is why I am asking. It may be that I have to remove any likely suspects. However because I cannot find another electrical item working how will I find the fuse assuming there is one. I am close to reaching the conclusion it isn't fused or that when it stopped working it did not blow a fuse.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Fantom

Post by Fantom »

Perhaps they are connected to the courtesy light circuit, they are on when you open the driver or passenger door.

Check the doors as a switch for them.
Alek
2002 Born Free 26' RSB
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Fanton,

I think the lights I am having a problem with are the courtesy lights. They can be turned on when the cabin doors are shut by rotating the stem that the headlights are on. Or they can be shut off so that they do not turn on when the cabin doors are opened.

Mine do not illuminate in any setting.

I do not see in the owner's manual a separate fuse reference to courtesy lights.

I do see a listing for fuse # 4 that includes "Illuminated Entry" and "Courtesy Lamps" but also includes warning chime, and power mirrors whiqch are working. There are a couple of fuses that are titled "Modified Vehicle." I will check these out again tomorrow.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
oliverpsmile

Post by oliverpsmile »

On the fixture there is a local switch - it should be ON.
Oliver P Smile
2005 26ft RSB
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

To follow up, it was fuse # 4. My most recent check showed the door chimes not working.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”