New Kidde Fire Extinguisher recall (Nov. 2017)

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

jmrogers

New Kidde Fire Extinguisher recall (Nov. 2017)

Post by jmrogers »

My coach has a Kidde extinguisher model E-10 that has been recalled by Kidde. My problem is that the unit is from and has been recalled by Canada, but I live in the states. Kidde USA told me to call Kidde Canada and Kidde Canada says I have to deal with Kidde USA. After 2 hours of phone time I gave up. Any one else out there with my problem? My Coach was built June 2013 and the extinguisher looks like it was made in 2013.

Jim Rogers
2014 Triumph on Ford F-550 4X4 chassis
CANDE

Re: New Kidde Fire Extinguisher recall (Nov. 2017)

Post by CANDE »

Have you tried the Kidde web site? www.Kidde.com.
Ed and Carol Freye
2016 Born Free 29' Splendor
Towing a 2014 Mini Cooper Coupe
jmrogers

Post by jmrogers »

Thank you for the suggestion, but l tried that first. To register a recalled extinguisher you have to use the Kidde site associated with the country of recall. The E10 model only shows up on the Canadian Kidde site and that site will only accept a Canadian address. The US site will not recognize the E10 model as a recalled unit.

I am curious, as you have a coach of the same model year as ours, what model extinguisher is in yours?
Jim & Patti Rogers
2014 Triumph F550 4X4
gncgraham

Post by gncgraham »

Hi Jim,
Funny you should ask about the recall! I just spent at least 3 hours over two days working the same issue! I finally ended up at Kidde (U.S.) customer service (I forget exactly who they were called) at 1-800-631-7377, and after listening to "on hold" music for 30 minutes or so, I got help. The rep I spoke with seems to be familiar with this problem of U.S. customers with Canadian models - he asked me if our unit was in a motorhome! The rep said a new device would be shipped in 10-15 days along with instructions for returning the recalled unit. So, you might try the Kidde number, but be prepared to hang out a while. Good luck :D
Gregg & Christy

'17 Imperial on F550
'17 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
jmrogers

Post by jmrogers »

Hi Gregg and Christy,
Thanks for the new phone number. The next time I have a few hours to spare, I’ll give it a shot. In the mean time we purchased a new unit for our coach, but I can always use a spare extinguisher around the shop.
Jim & Patti Rogers
2014 Triumph F550 4X4

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”