No electric blinds working

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Vlamgat

No electric blinds working

Post by Vlamgat »

Does anyone know the manufacturer of the electric blinds installed in the newer coaches? Mine have all gone off line because of a low voltage condition and have to be reprogrammed. I did not receive any intel about them of the Firefly remote when I bought the coach.
CANDE

Re: No electric blinds working

Post by CANDE »

We were told at one time if, for some reason, a firefly malfunctions we were to switch off the house batteries with the switch inside couch for a count of 10, turn if on again and this should reset the firefly. May be this will help.
Ed and Carol Freye
2016 Born Free 29' Splendor
Towing a 2014 Mini Cooper Coupe
Vlamgat

Post by Vlamgat »

THANK YOU, THANK YOU. That worked. I had visions of going to programming school. For the forum, the shades will disconnect in a low voltage environment, and the reset is to restore the voltage and then recycle the 12v and 110 volt systems for a minute.
hornbake

Post by hornbake »

Glad that worked. Just for future reference, some Born Free electric shades were made by Auto Motion, a company in Canada. They are incredibly helpful and will spend as much time as needed to walk you through solutions. Their phone number is 1 (905) 470-6198, and their website is automotionshades.com.
Larry and Helen Hornbake
2013 27 ft RSB
Vlamgat

Post by Vlamgat »

I discovered the manufacturer after inspecting each but only one showed the label. So I downloaded the owners Manual which shows a programming button. However upon inspecting all 4 of mine, there is no evidence that there is such a thing which leads me to conclude their switching is done by the Firefly Connection exclusively and so either the fix is the methodology you passed on or the reboot of both the Router and the Proto receiver. Your suggestion was much easier and sure worked. Again my thanks and hopefully this thread will help someone else some day.
John S.

Post by John S. »

I am starting a listing in my computer of notes when something helpful comes along to fix our coaches.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
deanpscott

Post by deanpscott »

This just got mine working again ASAP! This should be a stickie!
2014 Triumph
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Just out of curiosity is there a manual override that allows for raising and lowering them by hand?
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
jlef123

Post by jlef123 »

Not that I have ever been aware of on my 2015 coach.
Joel & Sandy
2002 26' RB
2015 27' Splendor
2020 Coachmen Beyond

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”