What is this switch for?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

ramblinbob

What is this switch for?

Post by ramblinbob »

My BF is a 2005 24RB and in the bathroom I have an outlet, below that the gas switch for hot water, then again below that the electric switch for hot water. But near the top and to the right is a switch for ? ... I can't find it in my manual and flipping it does nothing that I'm aware of. I'm living full time in this and everything is packed full so I thought if anyone knows what this is for it would save me from tracing the wires to perhaps find out.
Elec BF.jpg
Elec BF.jpg (799.84 KiB) Viewed 9295 times
TIA, Bob
lassen

Re: What is this switch for?

Post by lassen »

Turn on the fluorescent light above the sink, then turn off and on the mystery switch. Its the switch for people who can't reach high switch.

Jack........
Jack & Jan
2005 24RB
ramblinbob

Post by ramblinbob »

Thanks!!!
John S.

Post by John S. »

It looks like an electric heater switch for the water heater.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

John S. wrote:It looks like an electric heater switch for the water heater.
I second that it's the electric water heater element switch. Make sure the water heater is filled before you turn it on or you'll burn out the element.
'06 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis
(Former: '01 Born Free 23 RK)
Dinghy: '16 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar.
Traveling with Sir Winston and Lady Rae (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)
lassen

Post by lassen »

Bob's question was " But near the top and to the right is a switch for ? ..."

Bob, our 2005 24RB also has a mystery switch on the forward side of the pantry near the furnace thermostat. This one controls the ceiling fluorescent near the overhead bed.

Jack.......
Jack & Jan
2005 24RB
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

I will second Jack’s opinion. That black switch at the upper right is definitely for the light over the bathroom sink. We had the same problem with our 2004 RB. Kim (boy, we sure miss him) got us straightened right out when we called him. He said everybody does that! Just make sure you get the light turned on with the switch on the fixture, then leave it alone. Just use the black switch on the side. Unless, of course, you like having to get off the potty to turn the light on and off.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

Duh... yes. Obviously I should have read the original post more thoroughly. :(
'06 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis
(Former: '01 Born Free 23 RK)
Dinghy: '16 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar.
Traveling with Sir Winston and Lady Rae (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)
ramblinbob

Post by ramblinbob »

And I guess I should explain more fully. I bought this Coach in 2015 and thought everything was in working order with the exception of one overhead light in bathroom. Checked the lead in wires and no juice so I thought a pinched wire somewhere (Sorry BF for that thought) Anyway solution seemed pretty easy, tap into different circuit run new line and while I'm at it update to new light with LED's. All done and works fine, then a year or so later see this switch. Should've posted question before doing anything. But all's well that end's well. And that's the Rest of the Story!

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”