Exterior cleaning

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

smh1040us

Exterior cleaning

Post by smh1040us »

I am proud new owner of 1998 Born Free President. Everything seems to be in good shape but I would appreciate any suggestions on what to use to clean the exterior of the RV.
Is there a product that seems better than others and any that I should avoid?
Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Mark
jjhepkin

Re: Exterior cleaning

Post by jjhepkin »

Hi Mark and congrats on your "new to you" Born Free President.

Assuming your coach's exterior is not weathered (faded and dull from outdoor storage), i would use whatever makes it easier on you. I like to use the combo, cleaner and wax products that you use for your car.

Mixed in a pail of water and applied with a soft bristled scrub brush on an extended aluminum pole and then rinsed, should do the trick for you. If you have severe bug collections on the front grill, a clothes dryer sheet dipped in the pail of water does a good job of getting the bugs off without heavy scrubbing. I also use regular car wax on the truck cab front end hood, fenders, etc. for some protection against the sun.

Good luck on your future travels and again welcome.

john hepkin
John & Janet Hepkin

2009 28' RSB Kodiak Chassis 8.1L
Previously owned 2004 Chinook Destiny
Brent

Post by Brent »

I use the Meguiar’s auto products. The fiberglass RV products for the coach and regular for the cab. To throughly wash and apply wax is a one to two day job. I use an orbital buffer. If there is oxidation I use a light polish before the wax. I do it about twice a year
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
lafons

Post by lafons »

I just last year started using a product called Rejects, I really like it for cleaning and protecting the fiberglass in one application. I use it now on my car and trucks as well. So far I highly recommend it.
Steve,2001 26rsb
East tennessee

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”