Seat Belt on couch - If you have them what length are yours?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

KevinVT

Seat Belt on couch - If you have them what length are yours?

Post by KevinVT »

Hey folks,

We owned a 2001 24RB for a year and had seat belts installed at the factory in 2016 for the Flexsteel Jack Knife couch.

We are buying a new Born Free, a 2003 24RB with the same layout and I want to install three belts on the couch.

Anyone know what the correct length is? I am looking at these: https://www.wescoperformance.com/rv-seat-belts.html

I think it is going to be a 74" or a 90". The 74" belt female end is 32 inches and the 90" belt female end: 40 inches.

Any one have belts on the couch that could see what length theirs are? Thanks!

--Kevin
--Kevin
2003 Born Free 24' RB - No. 6685 -- 11/2003

(Former 2001 Born Free 24' RB - No. 6176 -- 9/2000)
(Former 2001 Born Free 24' RB - No. 6185 -- 3/2001)
bigdipper

Re: Seat Belt on couch - If you have them what length are yo

Post by bigdipper »

Kevin,
Nobody has responded so this is my experience. The folks in Humboldt installed three sets of seat belts under couch/folding bed. I no longer have the 2001 23RK, but if this is what you have in mind I would suggest using a tape measure to determine proper belt length. Use big washers under the floor and high grade bolts. Hope this helps a little.
Ralph
Ralph
2011 24RB
Former 2001 23RK
M&MAustin

Post by M&MAustin »

We have two sets of seatbelts for the Flexsteel couch in our 2013 BF. We're headed out next week so I'll measure them next Monday and post the results.
Matt & Marie Baker
2013 26' Mobility
M&MAustin

Post by M&MAustin »

The female end is 36" and the male 60". Hope this is useful.
Matt & Marie Baker
2013 26' Mobility
KevinVT

Post by KevinVT »

Hey folks,

I thought I would share my experience in case someone else is looking for info on seat belts for the couch. Please note, I understand riding on the couch isn't the safest place for a person - we wanted to add these so we could bring an extra person or two every now and then. The plan is to store them under the couch most of the time.

We have a 2003 24RB with the couch on the passenger side - above LP tank. I used to own a 2001 24RB and had seat belts installed at the factory.

Here is what I did. I order seat belts from Wesco - https://www.wescoperformance.com/rvsebepubuno.html

I got 3 at 90 inches plus some mounting hardware - total cost was $62.10.

I had arrange to have them installed at a Camping World... the set the appointment when I explained what I needed. But when I arrived they refused to install the belts. They said they would not assume liability since there were not belts there before.

I remembered the look of my 2001 installation from Born Free and installed the belts in same location. Drilling from the top down through the floor.

The bolts that came from Wesco were too short - so I needed to get a few longer bolts. Also, when I placed the washers on the bolt from below, I covered them with E6000 - a waterproof adhesive that is easy to remove in the future if ever needed. You can pick this up at Home Depot. https://www.amazon.com/E6000-220011-Hig ... ords=e6000

Here are a few images:

Finish view.

The Born Free factory used two of the bolts to hold 2 belts.. here is an example of that.

View from inside looking out.

View from under the floor - sorry about the fuzzy image, but you can see the LP tank on the right... the rear wheels in the back - and at least two of the bolts.

I hope this might help someone :-) Feel free to contact me with any questions.

--Kevin
--Kevin
2003 Born Free 24' RB - No. 6685 -- 11/2003

(Former 2001 Born Free 24' RB - No. 6176 -- 9/2000)
(Former 2001 Born Free 24' RB - No. 6185 -- 3/2001)

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”