No Brake, Tail, Running lights or rear Turn signals.

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

MichaelS.

No Brake, Tail, Running lights or rear Turn signals.

Post by MichaelS. »

We purchased our 2016 Reign FL December 2016. Recently we have been experiencing an intermittent problem of all our exterior lights going off. We just went out to check on them before we head out next week and of course, they are not working. When we parked it 2 months ago, they were working fine. We can't seem to connect the pieces. Any help would be greatly appreciated-
This is my first RV and post on here, so please bear with me as I try to explain things.

Thank again,
Amy
Newbie ,
2016 Reign Fl
M&MAustin

Re: No Brake, Tail, Running lights or rear Turn signals.

Post by M&MAustin »

Have you checked the fuse? I'm not familiar with your model but the 2012 Ford E-450 owner's manual has a fuse chart near the back that has been very helpful to us (for some reason, our power driver's seat has blown out its fuse multiple times). If it's intermittent, it probably isn't blown, but it could be loose. Wouldn't hurt to replace it in any case. Good luck!
Matt & Marie Baker
2013 26' Mobility
Rich Connor

Post by Rich Connor »

I had the same problem it was the ground connection under the chassis in the pig tail connection , if you jump the ground (or white wire) at the tail light to the frame of the chassis and the lights work you can chase it back from there, I ended up installing a redundant ground at the pig tail connection, do your blinkers flash fast at the side mirrior my did, hope this helps Rich
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

Are you towing, or just driving the coach. I had the same issue on my Kodiak chassis on this trip and narrowed it down to the cable between the coach and the Jeep. It was shorting out at the Jeep’s four-pin connector and blowing the dash-taillight fuse.
'06 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis
(Former: '01 Born Free 23 RK)
Dinghy: '16 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar.
Traveling with Sir Winston and Lady Rae (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”