Thanks for Welcome

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Bill Erhardt

Thanks for Welcome

Post by Bill Erhardt »

Howdy from Bill in Helena, Mt. for letting me join the forum.

I will be picking up my new/used Born Free (26 RSB) next week and figured this would be a good spot for questions etc.

I am a active Ham K7MT, enjoy photography, and motorcycle riding.

I am looking forward to many fun adventures in my Born Free to fulfill one of my bucket list items of seeing America !!!

I seen a lot of the world in my 22 years in the Navy and a lot of the USA on wildland fires. However, I will now have the fun of seeing many places I have read about.

I look forward to making new friends and hear about their adventures and maybe meet some of you on the Born Free roads.

Oh, I think I will name her " Elsa "

Bill
randallrae

Re: Thanks for Welcome

Post by randallrae »

Welcome
2012 25' rb
stevek

Post by stevek »

Glad you joined us Bill. What year is your Born Free?
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
JeffatJacks

Post by JeffatJacks »

Welcome Bill.

We will be fulfilling some of our bucket list when we travel to your neck of the woods this summer. We’ll be at the Family Motorcoach Association (FMCA) Rally in Gillette WY in July and then off to Montana.

Good luck with all your travels.
2004 Born Free 26 RB
Towing a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
jjhepkin

Post by jjhepkin »

Hi Bill
Just adding my welcome and wishing you safe and happy trails. You will have many fond memories to look forward to; and, speaking of memories, my wife and I have been to Helena a couple of times and really enjoyed it. One of the things we try and do during our travels around the country is to visit the local Cathollic churches. One of the most beautiful we have seen is in Helena and thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent there.

Good luck and again Welcome.

john and janet hepkin
John & Janet Hepkin

2009 28' RSB Kodiak Chassis 8.1L
Previously owned 2004 Chinook Destiny
Bill Erhardt

Post by Bill Erhardt »

Hi Everyone and thanks for the welcomes.

I will be picking up my 2005 RSB next week and driving her back to Montana.

I have read over the manuals etc and feel pretty comfortable but know I have a lot to learn. I think owning a RV is sorta like life as one learns something every day.

I am looking forward to the adventure after installing some Ham Radio equipment and TPMS 10 sensor system.

I will take a few shor trips to learn before taking off on a week long trip to get ready for my adventures to the east coast this fall.

Yee Haw !!!

Cheers Bill K7MT
Bill Erhardt

Post by Bill Erhardt »

Hi Everyone from Bill in Helena, Mt.

After three weeks delay, I am happy to report that I made the trip from Jacksonville, Fl to Helena, Mt. in my new to me 2005 Born Free 26 RSB. I skirted around the Tropical Storm Alberton and stopped in Minnesota to keep a promise to an old friend. I helped his wife Mary get Don's Ham Radio antennas/equipment packaged up and brought back to Montana to sell.

I gave the coach a complete wash, wax, and inside cleaning after the 2000 mile trip. She shined right up and got to discover all the ins and outs of this great motorhome.

I mentioned earlier that I named her Elsa for obvious reasons and ordered a spare tire cover with Elsa in script matching blue of the coach and Born Free with the matching brown. Roadmaster Spare Tire Hitch was here when I got home along with a Curt Anti Rattle.

One question for the Born Free Folks is when i cleaned the Propane take, I see it is a 29.5 gallon !! Brochure says 19.5. Was this an option ??

She came with BigFoot Levelers instead of the advertized HWH Levelers. Levelers work great and I did the scheduled maintenance etc. I redid the automatic leveling procedure and woo hoo all is well.

I have a lot to learn but know I will enjoy the exprience.

I have the scheduled maintenace Kit for the generator and will get that done tomorrow.

Cheers from Montana where they are predicting snow down to 6000 ft this coming Sunday 10 June !!!

Bill

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”