Key Concern

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

thkurtz

Key Concern

Post by thkurtz »

On our way back from a trip to the west coast, we met up with a kayaking club from central FL. We were camped at Adventures Unlimited in Milton, FL. Our neighbor borrowed our cell phone to call a locksmith because he had locked his keys in his Winnebago(32 foot class A).
Jim Downing from Born Free in Clermont had told me that Winnebago makes all the doors for Born Free and most other motorhomes. I tried my key in the Winnebago door and it unlocked. The dead bolt locks are different, but the key that controls the door handles are the same. I was not aware that this key is a universal key! I am now locking both the door handle and the deadbolt.

Terry Kurtz
26RSB 2002
2002 RSB
RVN4US

Key Concern

Post by RVN4US »

GOOD INFORMATION TO KNOW ! ! ! THANKS
tomdclark

Post by tomdclark »

It's my understanding (unverified) that the cylindrical keys for the outside storage compartments are also universal.
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

Cylinder locks on outside are universal. The keys to mine will open everyone's.

Didn't know that about the door locks tho....good to know.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”