What is this switch for?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

walkyourway

What is this switch for?

Post by walkyourway »

I have a 2015 24' Freedom. There is a switch adjacent to the Firewire panel marked "Coach" and "Truck". For the life of me I cannot determine what this does. The only noticable diffrence between the two settings occurs on the "coach" setting when the truck radio springs to life! The BF manual doesn't seem to mention this switch. Anybody - please help - I'm feeling even more stupid than normal...

Chris
jlef123

Re: What is this switch for?

Post by jlef123 »

I have the same switch in a slightly different location. Its purpose is to allow you to play your radio from power supplied by the house batteries and not by the starter battery for the truck.
Joel & Sandy
2002 26' RB
2015 27' Splendor
2020 Coachmen Beyond
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

Same answer as Joel in our 2015 Royal Splendor.
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
walkyourway

Post by walkyourway »

Thank you both very much. A very large switch for such a small job!

Chris
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

Chris, we have actually found this feature to be very useful in places where we do not have tv reception, especially our driveway while packing for a trip or cleaning the coach.
We are sort of news and sports junkies and with Sirius radio can listen to most of what we might have watched.
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”