Request for guidance on repairs

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bbwolf

Re: Request for guidance on repairs

Post by bbwolf »

Judy, I have attached the schematic of the HWH manifold. Mine is located behind the drivers rear tires.
The first view (top of page) is looking from the top down on the system. There is actually a metal "board" suspended above the top of these nuts (about 1 to 2 inches above). But you can get access to the one I highlighted with the red arrow.
The second view is if you view the HWH manifold straight on. You will see that the easiest nut to access is the one on the right. It is a 5/8 inch nut.
Loosen it until you feel hydraulic fluid release. It will not be very much, it is just pressure is all. Then tighten, but only snug and enough to not leak. (i.e., don't over tighten like most of will try to do).
The jacks will now retract.

Secondary note: The offending component is the Shuttle valve. That is identified as part number 8 below. I have read that contamination in the Hydraulic fluid plugs this device up. Replacing it fixes that issue, that is, until more contamination plugs it up again.....
Attachments
tempsnip.png
tempsnip.png (168.76 KiB) Viewed 2817 times
Alan and Jeannie Wolfe
2014 Born Free Freedom
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

Thank you very much!! We really appreciate this and really miss our Born Free factory.

Judy
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
John S.

Post by John S. »

HWH is always a wait even for my old Foretravel. There is a line technicians can call though. Thanks for showing the location. I have had to release them for slide rooms before it never had jacks before this coach.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
Vlamgat

HWH repair effected

Post by Vlamgat »

So banging on the valve and the manifold block worked...once. Next time I tried to retract the jacks, there was no response from touch pad. I tried another banging exercise to no avail and so proceeded to Plan B. Changed the shuttle valve by using a right angle phillips driver to remove the screws holding on the control board assembly and wrenched out the Utube followed by the valve. I was able to do 3 cycles of the jacks after the replacement and so I guess, it has been repaired...until next time.
bbwolf

Re: HWH repair effected

Post by bbwolf »

Vlamgat wrote:So banging on the valve and the manifold block worked...once. Next time I tried to retract the jacks, there was no response from touch pad. I tried another banging exercise to no avail and so proceeded to Plan B. Changed the shuttle valve by using a right angle phillips driver to remove the screws holding on the control board assembly and wrenched out the Utube followed by the valve. I was able to do 3 cycles of the jacks after the replacement and so I guess, it has been repaired...until next time.
That sure sounds consistent with what I hear is the cause of the problem (debris in the hydraulic fluid, probably introduced during installation).
I think the banging may have knocked the first stuff loose, but not the second?
Alan and Jeannie Wolfe
2014 Born Free Freedom

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”