Black streaks

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

walkyourway

Black streaks

Post by walkyourway »

Please forgive me if you all know this already but I have spent a lot of time trying to get rid of the black streaks down the side of my BF. I realise these are a bye product of dirt and rain from the roof but I tried all sorts of cleaning solutions. At last I tried Goo Gone - fantastic and it also works well on bugs and insects. Any really bad or old stains you might have to leave on a few minutes. Obviously you have to wash off and re wax but it works so well I thought I would share.

Chris
stevek

Re: Black streaks

Post by stevek »

Thanks for info. I see amazon carries it. I am going to get some and keep in my "arsenal". :D

I had a little trouble with black streaks on my BF. More of the rounded part of the roof. Quite a while ago.
I used Fels-Naptha Laundry Bar and it seemed to work OK. I keep my roof really clean. I use 303 on the roof. Spray it on like windex and wipe it off with a paper towel. On my knees. Never stand up. Another good product for the roof is Protect All. Same thing, spray it on.
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
whemme

Post by whemme »

Camping World carries a product called Black Streak Remover in a spray bottle. Has worked well for me.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 12.07.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 12.07.46 PM.png (215.31 KiB) Viewed 3160 times
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
KevinVT

Post by KevinVT »

Hey folks,

For what is it worth, I have had success using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to remove all sorts of stubborn marks on my Born Free. I bought my current BF used in April 2018 and the Magic Eraser removed things that looked a lot like scratches and I never thought would come off. Afterwards you might need a good clean and possible re-wax (not sure) but the Magic Eraser can really get marks off.

--Kevin
--Kevin
2003 Born Free 24' RB - No. 6685 -- 11/2003

(Former 2001 Born Free 24' RB - No. 6176 -- 9/2000)
(Former 2001 Born Free 24' RB - No. 6185 -- 3/2001)

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”