2005 RSB Guardian Filter Change !!!

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Bill Erhardt

2005 RSB Guardian Filter Change !!!

Post by Bill Erhardt »

Howdy to the Born Free Gang,

Whew, one must be rather skinny to crawl under a 2005 RSB to change the fuel filter on the Guardian 40G Generator. I crawled under from the passenger side with socket/handle, screw driver to remove the hose, and a flashlight. I liked the fact they put a valve to shut off the gas when the hose was removed from the filter. I seen to clips for mounting on the gas shut off valve, but could not find where to attach it??

I then replaced the spark plug and the air filter (with the green pre filter). I had done the oil/filter a while back.

The choke silenoid works great after cleaning and the air/fuel need s slight adjustment. Woo Hoo !! It fired right up with only a couple of turns from cold !! It took about 10 turns before the tune up. Filter as a bit plugged up..

All went well and acquired a couple three nicks scratches on my fingers !!!

Enjoying learning all about my wonderful motorhome and i know I made the right choice on make !!!

Cheers all Bill Erhardt Helena, Mt.
Mike Jean Bandfield

Re: 2005 RSB Guardian Filter Change !!!

Post by Mike Jean Bandfield »

It's a lot easier to work on if you roll it up on 4" blocks. :wink:
Mike & Jean
2005 26' RSS Diesel

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”