New TV

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

tomzleapin

New TV

Post by tomzleapin »

I managed to squeeze in a 32" Vizio TV:

I made a bracket that bolts to the upper cabinet.
The TV is a refurbished Vizio D32F-E1 32" 1080P that I ordered from Walmart for $143.
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
Alpenliter

Re: New TV

Post by Alpenliter »

Nice squeeze job Tom! As a new BF owner I'm having a terrible time finding the hand grabs on the cabinets and cupboards. I noticed on your picture that you have hardware on yours. Is that factory, or did you add them?
Jim Schrankel
2002 24RSB
tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

The cabinet hardware is standard.
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
bornnorm

Post by bornnorm »

Nice job with the TV. We have a 21' BF, side entry and the TV is a little more of an issue. Presently we hang the TV from the ladder bar in the front of the trailer using two brass 'jacket hooks' mounted to the rear of the TV. That allows good viewing from the couch/bed or the one chair we have.

While traveling we place it in the over the cab volume. Over the Cab in our BF is cabinets that easily allows a TV.

Certainly the 21' BF has reduced options, however it is a third longer and wider than our previous Scamp trailer.

Interestingly our 16' Scamp has wider aisles than the BF, something we miss. (We have not sold our Scamp, Ginny quite clearly told me that she would cry when we sold the Scamp, obviously the Scamp is not yet for sale.

Thank you for sharing mods, I'm very interested in how people have made their BFs more livable.
Norm Milliard
'93 Born Free 21' RB
'06 Scion xB
Escapee, Full timer
Alpenliter

Post by Alpenliter »

I just installed a 32” Samsung, using a modification that newbie Norm showed me while visiting our park in Chimacum, WA. I mounted it under the overhead bunk, using a grab bar like the one for our ladders, and hooks on the back of the tv. I ran a power cord and HDMI cable to it and the whole works comes down easily for travel. Thanks Norm!
Jim Schrankel
2002 24RSB
bornnorm

Post by bornnorm »

Thanks Jim. When we get home we intend to replace our 19" TV with a 32" mounted from the grab bar like the 19" is.

We do not have an over cab bed. In the place of the bed is over cab oak cabinets. I considered taking the two center cabinet doors and removing the side hinges, joining them together in the center , mounting support air pistons and hinging them at the top. As the final step I would mount the TV to the two cabinet doors.

Being able to flip it up allows access to the storage space.

Ginny nixed that idea and suggested we use the ladder's support bar for the 32". She felt moving it up to the front of the cabinets results in having to look up instead of looking forward.
Norm Milliard
'93 Born Free 21' RB
'06 Scion xB
Escapee, Full timer

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”