Drawer and Cabinet latches

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

tanksalot

Drawer and Cabinet latches

Post by tanksalot »

I've replaced many, many drawer and cabinet latches, the ones with the black hook and black receiver. They seem MEANT to fail. I recently got some (which I suspect are Chinese knock-offs) which lasted 6 weeks.
I've found some magnetic latches on Amazon which work GREAT! They'll never fail, and are not complicated to install to replace the plastic hook system. They're at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M9 ... UTF8&psc=1
wanderso

Re: Drawer and Cabinet latches

Post by wanderso »

Thank you for this tip. I've replaced those same plastic latches on a different RV and agree that they can be problematic.

Did you replace all of yours with these, or are you doing so as the other catches fail?
tanksalot

Post by tanksalot »

No, I'll wait until they fail. The Amazon magnetic catches that I posted are STRONG (very difficult to separate plate from magnet), but due to incongruities in the installation, they work fine. I initially was afraid I wouldn't be able to easily open the drawer.
bornnorm

Post by bornnorm »

I replaced ours with originals that I found on line though my BF is a '93 and may not match your latches, If you look in the Newbie thread you'll see the source.

I wish everyone would include their rig model and year in their signature.
Norm Milliard
'93 Born Free 21' RB
'06 Scion xB
Escapee, Full timer

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”