Overhead Cab Convertion

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

dtshep

Overhead Cab Convertion

Post by dtshep »

Newby, Just bought a 1999 24' rear bath Born Free. 7.3 diesel on E450 chassis. Just checking it out now.
I have a question on the cabover. I have the entertain system in the cabover. My question is, can I take the cabinets and TV out and convert it to a bed? dtshep
Eric Sandstrom

Re: Overhead Cab Convertion

Post by Eric Sandstrom »

You may find my earlier posting helpful.
Eric

https://www.bornfreervclub.org/bulletin ... =14&t=1550
Bannister2014

Re: Overhead Cab Convertion

Post by Bannister2014 »

I have removed the cabinets as you indicate and replaced them with a center panel that holds a 32" flat screen and BluRay player. I put removable curtains on both sides to allow easy access to the area in the cabover. We use that area for storage, which the coach desperately needs.

Removing the cabinets is not very difficult - just take your time and remove as many pieces as you can before trying to take the main piece out - it's heavy and difficult to handle.

IMG_2879.jpg
Bannister2014
2003 26RSB Casual Elegance
2008 Smart cabrio TOAD

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”