Heat from Doghouse & passenger floor 26RSB & Cabin Noise

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

LGH

Heat from Doghouse & passenger floor 26RSB & Cabin Noise

Post by LGH »

We are experiencing a great deal of heat from the doghouse and passenger side of our 07 26RSB & looking to resolve both issues if possible.

Any thoughts or experience with using Dynamat or Fatmat thermal barrier and noise deadener on the floor/doghouse/engine area?

Thank you,
Laura & Bryan
dtshep

Re: Heat from Doghouse & passenger floor 26RSB & Cabin Noise

Post by dtshep »

Hello Doghouse, I had the same problem. Rough ride home. I went to Ford and got four new clamps and the Doghouse rubber seal. Had to pop revet them in. The deisel is now quiet and no heat at all. David
PS I did use the sound deadner and heat shield on my 65 goat but was not really impressed. Some heat reduction and a little better with road noise.
LGH

Post by LGH »

Thank you for the response, David. Really appreciate the input. I was looking at it yesterday, and it looks like there is no paneling where a normal compartment would be, but the doghouse seems tight enough. When we take it in, will ask for some advice. I posted pictures below if this may help any
Attachments
BF3.JPG
BF3.JPG (142.05 KiB) Viewed 4912 times
BF2.JPG
BF2.JPG (115.37 KiB) Viewed 4912 times
BFDrivers Side.jpg
BFDrivers Side.jpg (130.37 KiB) Viewed 4912 times
hindeb

Post by hindeb »

I have the same heat problem on our 04 RB diesel. It gets so uncomfortable on the passenger side my wife usually moves to a seat by the table. (The dogs love it because then they get the passenger seat to themselves). I've tried the Dynamat and it helped some. The problem is that the turbo charger blower is adjacent to the doghouse on that side and it puts out a LOT of heat. Next spring I will fabricate some aluminum shields to cover that side of the turbo but still leave room for airflow. I did install an air scoop on the hood several years ago to try to dissipate some heat from the Exhaust Gas Recirculator and oil cooler. That helped some, but installing an external oil cooler helped with engine overheat more than anything. If you have a gas engine none of this will apply to you unless there is an exhaust manifold pipe or catalytic converter in that area.
Bruce & Teresa Hinde
Steamboat Springs, CO
2004 26RB Diesel
2001 Jeep Wrangler
LGH

Post by LGH »

Thank you, Bruce for your comments. I wondered how common a problem it is/was. Ours isn't a diesel but am wondering about what appears to be a vent. I'm thinking the same in trying to diverting the air while not restricting the flow. I'm thinking the heat is coming from this in addition to the engine. The driver side doesn't seem to suffer from the same heat & we don't want to run the A/C when the temp outside is cold to maintain best possible fuel efficiency.

Please let me know what you come up with and when we talk to someone about the vent, I'll be sure to post back and info we learn. Thanks so much for the input. Such great help to know others are trying to solve a similar problem.

Laura & Bryan
07 26RSB (Gas)
Medford, OR
Attachments
Passenger side below seat vent
Passenger side below seat vent
IMG_2668.JPG (65.35 KiB) Viewed 4879 times
randallrae

Post by randallrae »

2012 25' rb

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”