Super Springs Question

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

SwiftSpy

Super Springs Question

Post by SwiftSpy »

Hi all,

I have a 2007 26RSB (2006 E450 chassis), I recently noticed that both air bag brackets were broken and so did a little research and saw that not too long after my RV was made that BF went with the Super Springs instead to provide the extra load lift and stabilizing. In a previous thread here I found mention of Super Springs part #SSA22 as being the springs to use on the BF's, but, when I went to the Super Springs website the only springs that show a match for my year/make/model is the #SSA47. The SSA47 gives 3300lbs extra load lifting, where the SSA22 gives only 2200lbs. I would appreciate any insight on what springs to get. I am thinking of doing this myself since the install videos I saw seem pretty simple and my local RV shop quoted me $1600-$1700 to do, which I think is highway robbery for a $500 part(s) that appears to take less than an hour to install.

Thanks-Jim
randallrae

Re: Super Springs Question

Post by randallrae »

2012 25' rb
SwiftSpy

Post by SwiftSpy »

The SSA22 does not show as a fit for a 2007 Born Free. That spring is supposed to be used with a vehicle with a factory top overload spring, which my BF does not have.
randallrae

Post by randallrae »

Have you called Super Springs and asked for their recommendations ? They should be able to aid in your decision .
2012 25' rb
SwiftSpy

Post by SwiftSpy »

randallrae wrote:Have you called Super Springs and asked for their recommendations ? They should be able to aid in your decision .
Just sent them an e-mail. Thanks
SwiftSpy

Post by SwiftSpy »

Well, after checking with SuperSprings they agreed that it should be the SSA47, though various retailers call out the SSA22 (as suggested here) the SSA25, and the SSA34. Some had multiple options. So, I guess I will bite the bullet and get the SSA47's. Thanks.
SwiftSpy

Post by SwiftSpy »

Just as a follow up, after contacting a couple great BF owners here on the forum, they confirmed that it is indeed the SSA22 SuperSpring that was used. My thanks for all their help.
Wildlands1

Post by Wildlands1 »

Will adding such stronger rear leaf springs give extra ground clearance from the overhang?

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”