Six Inch lift kit ?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Wildlands1

Six Inch lift kit ?

Post by Wildlands1 »

I'm concerned about overhang drag when I do buy a used old BF someday for full timing on dirt backroads. Has anyone ever used a "Lift Kit" such as that designed by WeldTec.com (or weldtecdesigns.com) ? Though expensive ($5K) it sure would be nice to have the entire rig sitting higher for dirt roads. (see their youtube install video)
Carey

Re: Six Inch lift kit ?

Post by Carey »

I know this was posted almost a year ago. We will be doing the Weldtec lift end of September “20” if you are still interested I can let you know
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

I had my 24RB lifted 6" in March. WeldTec did the lift. I like the results, but with the pandemic I have not used the motorhome nearly as much as I had planned on. It is 22" to the bottom of the rear bumper now. After I picked up the motorhome from Weldtec the front end needed to be aligned. Other than that I am happy with the results.

15 Oct 2020: Weld Tec put out a video on U-Tube:"The Ultimate Class C Overlanding Build" A 24' Born Free lift, plus new front & rear bumpers.
Attachments
Rear 37 inches.JPG
Rear 37 inches.JPG (53.67 KiB) Viewed 3050 times
Front 38 inches.JPG
Front 38 inches.JPG (74.71 KiB) Viewed 3050 times
Lifted MH.jpg.jpg
Lifted MH.jpg.jpg (85.29 KiB) Viewed 3224 times
opselite

Post by opselite »

Fast forward 3 years. How is this holding up? Would you do it again. 6 inches seems like a lot. Was there a cheaper 3 inch version. Also look at all that space in your wheel well.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

It has been about three years since I lifted the motorhome. I have had an additional two inches added to the rear axle, as the motorhome was a little low in the rear. The motorhome handles better on the road now than before the lift, and I was in the Arizona desert (Quartzsite) and I drove through a couple of washes without any issues. Before the lift I don't think I would have attempted it.
I like the way the motorhome looks, and I do get a lot of complements. Most people are surprised it is not 4wd. I have added slightly larger tires, disposed of the hub caps and had the steel wheels powder coated.
If you have more questions, or want more pictures, let me know.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

IMG_0975.JPG
IMG_0975.JPG (64.22 KiB) Viewed 1104 times
This picture is prior to the 2" added to the rear axle
pamster868

Post by pamster868 »

Could we see a picture of the ladder you use to get in and out of that thing? 😆 Just kidding! It looks super cool lifted and I bet it can handle some serious off road terrain. I like it!
Pam & Jason Krinsky
Frisco, TX
2002 23' RK

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”