Remote purchase "inspection service"?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Wildlands1

Remote purchase "inspection service"?

Post by Wildlands1 »

I am halfway around the world (Philippines expat) slowly surveying the used Born Free market stateside. With them being so sought after, like Lazy Daze, etc.. when a good used one comes up for sale at a fair price they get snatched up fast. How do people buy, or reserve, one from far away sight unseen? This is A LOT of cash. How do people pay a hold deposit? Are there some type of "inspection services" that you can hire to go check one over? I'd sure hate to send some stranger a $$$ deposit, fly all the way across the country, pay for a ride and a hotel, only to have an RV be, "Not as advertised". I'd also hate to hire a dang lawyer at $300 an hour to do anything. What do ya'll do?

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”