B.F. 7300 Battery Charging

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

joslef10

B.F. 7300 Battery Charging

Post by joslef10 »

I have the Magnetek 45amp batt charger. Bill Hemme has posted A very
detailed upgrade to this system. (Thanks Bill)...I am wodering if anyone has upgraded to the WFCO system (easier to install) from Bestconverter.com ?? I would love to hear your comments
Joe Lefebvre
lassen

Post by lassen »

Joe....I too am looking at changing out the Magnetek for the WFCO 9800 series and would be interested in others thoughts.

Also looking at the 6 volt Trojan 105 or the 125. Anyone have either in their Born Free and how did they fit in the tray. My tray measures 13 x 14-1/4 and the 105 and the 125 both measure 10-3/8 x 7-1/8. Height should be no problem.

Thanks....Jack
Jack & Jan
2005 24RB
bill crommett

Post by bill crommett »

After boiling my batteries almost dry, I changed over to the same system as Bill Hemme, except I used the 45 amp setup instead of the 60amp that Bill used. The system functions great so far, and my batteries are kept up to snuff with copnstant shore power plugged in. :)
BornFree_n_Now

Progressive Dynamics PD9160A & Trojan 125

Post by BornFree_n_Now »

We also put the Progressive Dynamics PD9160A unit into our 2002 RSB unit, this along with the conversion to two Trojan 125 6 volt batteries (fit tight, but well in our coach), has made all of the difference in the world. We considered the WFCO system previous to our conversion, but could not find anyone who really had good things to say about it. The unit seems to be more available now, so maybe that is a step in the right direction. As an aside, we were able to sell the Parallax 7345 unit we removed on Ebay :D
Larry & Sharon
2002 26' RSB
Suzuki X90 4x4 Toad
bechlumber

battery charger

Post by bechlumber »

I went the extreme and put in a Xantrax Posine Inverter/Charger and replaced my batteries with four 6volt gel batteries. :lol: Yes, I said four. You can fit four in the battery compartment if you take off the door jamb. For safety I put a metal plate under the battery compartment with a bolt going up through the floor to support the extra weight.
2002 24' Rear Bath 4x4 7.3 Diesel
joslef10

B.F. 7300 Pwr Supply

Post by joslef10 »

Thanks To: Lassen, Bill Crommett, Larry & sharon, & Bechlumber For replying to my post...I am still undecided!
lassen

Post by lassen »

Joe....I've looked again at my Magnetek 7345 and see that it is made in China. And it has the same fuse board that is included in the WFCO 9800 series upgrade kit that is offered on the Best Converters Website.

Therefore for me I see no problem switching to a 3-stage WFCO from a China made Magnetek.

Jack
Jack & Jan
2005 24RB
BornFree_n_Now

Post by BornFree_n_Now »

Joe, If I were you, and did not want to spend the time and effort to mount the Progressive Dynamics unit, or the time, effort, and extra money for the Xantrax, I would go ahead and try the WFCO unit ~~ it will probably go in quicker, give better results than you current unit, and close to, if not on par with, the other units as mentioned. Get 'er Done :>)
Larry & Sharon
2002 26' RSB
Suzuki X90 4x4 Toad

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”