SeeLevel II Tank Monitor Install Advice

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

JeffatJacks

SeeLevel II Tank Monitor Install Advice

Post by JeffatJacks »

I’m considering installing a SeeLevel II tank monitor and would like some advice on my proposed display panel location. I have attached an image of where I’m thinking of placing the panel and would like to know if anyone thinks there would be any issues placing it here.

The display is 4” wide and 1” deep. I’m assuming there is plenty of space beside the microwave in the cabinet.

Based on other posts here I will be moving the vent hood back as well. At 6’2” I can never see the cool top.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

JeffatJacks
Attachments
5964CBE4-0A52-4022-B83D-0D72EEDD5205.jpeg
5964CBE4-0A52-4022-B83D-0D72EEDD5205.jpeg (110.03 KiB) Viewed 2453 times
2004 Born Free 26 RB
Towing a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Dallas Baillio

Re: SeeLevel II Tank Monitor Install Advice

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I replaced my microwave a few months ago. From my experience I can say there is plenty of room in the location you have picked. The electrical outlet should not be in the way. To confirm for yourself it is easy to pull the microwave out.

You don’t say what year and model you have. The photo looks like mine or a rear bath. The only alternate suggestion I have is above the refrigerator if there is room.

Maybe move your planned location up higher, more at eye level?
Attachments
7CDE6D3A-B7F5-42D2-B148-68F0D2BAE466.jpeg
7CDE6D3A-B7F5-42D2-B148-68F0D2BAE466.jpeg (149.16 KiB) Viewed 2434 times
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
JeffatJacks

Re: SeeLevel II Tank Monitor Install Advice

Post by JeffatJacks »

Dallas,

Thanks for the reply. I agree a little higher will be optimal. That was a quick and dirty photo annotation I did on my phone. It is good to hear that the microwave is easy to pull out. I see you also moved your vent hood back.

Supposedly, with the SeeLevel system you can tie their sensors into existing wires at the sensors and save the trouble of running new wires all the way to the monitor panel. That is another reason I selected that location for my monitor since all the wires for the sensors run to the vent hood already.

We have a 26 Rear Bath so it should be the same as your install.

JeffatJacks
2004 Born Free 26 RB
Towing a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”