My generator isn’t connecting

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Wylie

My generator isn’t connecting

Post by Wylie »

I am testing my generator & it turns on but it isn’t allowing my AC to turn on. I’ve reset the breaker at the generator & it didn’t work. What should I check to see if it is powering to the coach. I have a 2005 24’RB Motor Home.
Thanks!
Mary Brown
mbrown8869@gmail.com
Arizona
John S.

Re: My generator isn’t connecting

Post by John S. »

You should have a transfer switch by the fuse box. It is not switching over. It is an easy switch change out but I don’t remember the brand. I changed mine on my 2007
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
bfadmin
Site Admin

Re: My generator isn’t connecting

Post by bfadmin »

Please read the following post in the Technical Library section on this forum: Hidden Generator Circuit Breaker. That hidden breaker is most likely your problem rather than a defective transfer switch (relay),

Also you double posted your problem. Please avoid double posting in the future. The website administrator has gone ahead an deleted the unnecessary 2nd identical post.
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Website Forum Administrators
(bfadmin-1) Dave Moffat - Primary Administrator
(bfadmin-3) Sandy Perley - Assistant Administrator
(bfadmin-2) Bill Hemme - Backup Administrator
(bfadmin) Email: bfadmin@bornfreervclub.org

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”