Dicor Versa Liner Question....errrrr Problem

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

SwiftSpy

Dicor Versa Liner Question....errrrr Problem

Post by SwiftSpy »

Hi,

Anyone encounter this issue when removing their wheel liners. I had a mechanic friend over to do some work which needed the tires off. He had experience with these types of liners before so knew what to do and what not to do. After finishing work on one side he went to take off the other side and then I heard him swear. Apparently when he tried to remove the second jam nut that holds on the liner it turned, but, then so did the lug extender. He immediately stopped because he realized that it was damaging the liner. Since it was late and getting dark I said let's just stop for now and I will see if I can find some trick to either getting the lug extender tight again, or taking both the extender and jam nut off without more damage. Anyone know a trick or am I just fated to trashing the liner and having to buy a new one? Thanks
randallrae

Re: Dicor Versa Liner Question....errrrr Problem

Post by randallrae »

The extenders on my rear duals are not much more than 2 threads on . I had to be careful not to over tighten them , not wanting to strip the threads .
2012 25' rb
tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

I just had this issue yesterday. Both the jam nut and extender were turning. What worked for me was to tighten both quite a bit then I could remove the jam nut. If that doesn't work, try some penetrating oil on the jam nut.

I always remove the covers before having any tire work done. If you go to a shop that hasn't dealt with the covers before, they may twist off the fake lug nuts.
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
mgoodwin

Post by mgoodwin »

what is the correct way to remove the liners?
tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

The wheels on my coach which is a 2005 24RB have 8 lug nuts. The wheel simulators have caps that look like chrome lug nuts. Two of these caps are removable. The removable ones have dimples on the sides and can be pulled off by hand. This will expose the jam nuts that hold the simulators in place. Once you pull the simulators off you will see the extender nuts attached to two of the lug bolts. If you have valve stem extenders, these nuts also hold the brackets in place.
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
Alpenliter

Post by Alpenliter »

Thank you Tom! I’ve been trying to figure out how those lug covers worked!
Jim Schrankel
2002 24RSB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”