Grey water drains to Black water tank! ?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Vlamgat

Grey water drains to Black water tank! ?

Post by Vlamgat »

Discovered this weekend that the bathroom basin drains into the Black water tank on my 14 Triumph. Other drains work as one would expect. Anyone else noticed this?
lassen

Re: Grey water drains to Black water tank! ?

Post by lassen »

Yup! Was the same or our 1992 26RB as is also our 2005 24RB.
Jack & Jan
2005 24RB
Vlamgat

Post by Vlamgat »

Thanks. I was quite surprised as I tried to fill my Grey tank to flush it!
whemme

Post by whemme »

Yes, this fact is disclosed in the Born Free owner's manual but you may have to dig through the manual to find it.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
perleys

Post by perleys »

Wow that is sure news to me. Is it all older models?
Vlamgat

Post by Vlamgat »

...and so it does. But describes the sources incorrectly. I think the last word should have been "sink" as in most worlds a toilet is the same as a lav. :)

"The sanitary holding tank (black waste tank) on rear bath models receives waste from the toilet and the bathroom lavatory."
perleys

Post by perleys »

I am glad to know this. Now when I want to put water back in the black tank I can run it in the sink instead of holding down the lever on the toilet!
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

Our 2006 24RB did the same, as does our 2017 Spirit (renamed 24RB). I believe all rear bath models did it this way. I don’t know about rear side bed models or any others. Basically, Born Free tried to split the drains half-and-half. The RB models have the kitchen sink and shower go to the tank on the street side, as they are closest to the street side, and the lav sink and the toilet drain on the curb side, as the toilet and lav sink are closest to the curb side. Thus, on the RB models, the curb side is the black tank as that is where the toilet drains.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

In my 26 ft RSB only the toilet drains into the black water tank. The three other drains (shower, lavatory and sink all drain into the gray water tank. I believe, because of design restrictions the arrangement is altered depending on the floor plan. My gray water tank is much larger than my black water tank. On other models tank size varies and one of the gray water drains may drain into the black water tank along with the toilet. It is in the owner’s manual.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”