Sirius XM radio in my Born Free, can I transmit the signal?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

stevek

Sirius XM radio in my Born Free, can I transmit the signal?

Post by stevek »

Is there a way I can transmit the radio a short distance and listen my XM radio in my house?
I think I have read about a gizmo, I can plug in the cigarette lighter.
Tune it XM, and hear on a particular radio frequency in my house?

PS. I really like XM Old Time Radio. And this is what I am mainly interested in.
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
Jim Hofmann

Re: Sirius XM radio in my Born Free, can I transmit the sign

Post by Jim Hofmann »

I suggest you contact XM. I heard an ad (but wasn't really listening) that talked about playing your XM radio anywhere, in your house, on your computer. etc.
Jim
Vlamgat

Post by Vlamgat »

Transmit from what to what? Most vehicle entertainment systems do not allow their devices to be networked with others by means of the Bluetooth connection used for phone or reception. So you can listen to your music on your phone for example but you cant send music from your vehicle to your phone or your house for that matter. I have experimented with some earpiece transmit/receiver devices that plug into a 3.5 mm socket attached to the vehicle unit but the range is very short - maybe 10 feet in a straight unrestricted line. Its also virtually impossible to configure the vehicle system to see that output when set to anything but the phone. I believe this is a FCC restriction in the US.
stevek

Post by stevek »

I want to transmit from my radio in the motor home to a amfm radio in the house.
10 feet transmission distance would be OK for me.
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
Vlamgat

Post by Vlamgat »

There may be something out there that once would have been sold by Radio Shack but today if its not BY enabled for broadcast its prohibited by the FCC. You could get your cell phone enabled for XM (more $$) and then plug your cell phone into the AM/FM or get a BT enabled speaker or one of those robo speaker devices like Alexa.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”