screen door latch

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

jjmcd

screen door latch

Post by jjmcd »

On our recent trip to Alaska the spring located in the screen door lock broke. About the same time, my sister-in-law who was driving a small Lance truck camper had the same problem with the same type of latch.When she arrived at home she asked the Lance people about the problem and they said they were no longer using that latch because the springs did not hold up so replaced it with a newer type of latch.Anybody in the Born Free group having this problem?I haven't replaced the latch yet but will be looking for an improved variety.
:(
Mel Wilbur

screen door latch

Post by Mel Wilbur »

I have not heard of anyone mentioning that particular problem and in our own case with a 4 year old coach with 46,000 miles we have not had a problem with the latch. You stated that Lance used a similiar type latch but that may have been from a different manufacturer. In any case I would call Born Free (Kim Olson) and ask him to send you a new latch in case you just happened to have had a defective one.
Mel & Connie

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”